• 5(current)
Translations
It's not Transifex related. I'll post it later today.
To Jeroen:
I know that it should be submitted to XBMC dev team, but I think that You have more power to do that (since You're known skin maker).
Remember old reFocus version? You used font which had only uppercase letters. Then there was problem with other languages (no special diacritic letters for languages other than English). I fixed that and You've included my font in old reFocus builds.

Now that problem is gone. You are using fonts that have non English characters too (at least for Polish language as I checked) and You uppercase desired strings with:
Code:
[UPPERCASE][/UPPERCASE]

And that's the problem. On specific systems (due to some sort of other implementation or maybe XBMC bug) using this uppercase function gives you a bad output string. All non standard characters stays lowercase Sad

Check this screen:
As You see SKóRA should be SKÓRA and JęZYK should be JĘZYK
I mentioned earlier that this is a problem within XBMC code. I've checked fonts you're using and they're OK. They both have lower and uppercase non English characters, so it's a problem within XBMC.

I searched XBMC Trac and found this but it's old bug report and totally unresolved. Do You know some main dev Jeroen to talk this over? I'm affraid that if I'll report this bug, the devs will simply respond to it "blame your OS" Sad

Edit:
I've created ticket for that: Ticket #15324.
Well, I don't think I use [UPPERCASE] anywhere anymore as it's possible to define the case in the fonts.xml file itself these days, which was a feature I requested a long time ago.

The uppercase accents is indeed an XBMC limitation, but thankfully this got merged recently: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4861

That should solve this problem I expect.
So in next XBMC version (14.0) this should be fixed?

Edit:
You're using [UPPERCASE] in those files:
Code:
skin.refocus\720p\ViewGallery.xml
skin.refocus\720p\Variables.xml
skin.refocus\720p\SkinSettings.xml
skin.refocus\720p\IncludesAddons.xml
(2014-07-07, 11:12)Kolabor Wrote: So in next XBMC version (14.0) this should be fixed?
Yes, although I have not tested it yet. It's in the nightlies if you want to test it. But note that reFocus is not fully compatible with Helix builds yet.

Quote:Edit:
You're using [UPPERCASE] in those files:
Code:
skin.refocus\720p\ViewGallery.xml
skin.refocus\720p\Variables.xml
skin.refocus\720p\SkinSettings.xml
skin.refocus\720p\IncludesAddons.xml

Ah, yeah there's a couple of places left where it's still needed or practical to use it. For instance in cases where a string needs to be part uppercase and part lowercase.
OK I'll test nightly build and report back here.
Just tested latest nightly and it looks good!

Maybe they will backport this fix for Gotham 13.2 (if it's gonna be released – don't know that). Anyway great it's fixed for Helix version.
(2014-07-07, 16:32)Kolabor Wrote: Just tested latest nightly and it looks good!

Maybe they will backport this fix for Gotham 13.2 (if it's gonna be released – don't know that). Anyway great it's fixed for Helix version.

Great, good to know Smile Thanks for testing
For the allian… reFocus! Big Grin
So following up on Kolabor's request in the release thread I have uploaded a new strings file to Transifex. There are about 20 new strings to translate. Also some strings have been changed for the upcoming reFocus 1.4.0 release. Because of that no translations will be pushed to Github until that version of reFocus is released. I'm not sure how long it will be but it will be days at minimum, maybe a week. So that should give you guys some time to look into the updated strings.

As always the work on translating by all of you is greatly appreciated!
French translation updates, but there is some translation that I'm not sure is exactly . So if someone else can verify!

Wink
Sure, just let me know which strings are unclear
string 159, and I do not like the French translation of the word Widgets, so I prefer not translated if another person wants to change with best word!
That is a button in skin settings. That button selects what you see in the sidebar when playing music or video. The button switches between two options:

1. Player controls. It will then show:

2. fullscreen / playlist button. Then it will only show a button to get to fullscreen (video) or the playlist (music)

Hope that explains it
Ok, but what I do not understand is: Is this sentence announces a choice, or is the action when you activate the option??
Controls to show for now playing media in options menu :
In french it would be:
Contrôles à afficher pour le ( les) média(s) en cours de lecture dans le menu des options.

But I prefer;

Afficher les Contrôles pour le média en cours de lecture dans le menu des options

I change with last !

Thx for your explanation Wink

EDIT : What I want mean is the difference with the intention, the meaning of the sentence. In french, the placement of a word changes everything. Is it like a question, but there is no question mark at the end (?)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Translations3