• 5(current)
Android help, j1nx source code
(2014-03-09, 12:34)wibbilus Wrote: @dhead and crappymate

just to really cause confusion, i tried the 2.1 release on the new M3 I have and it worked, allowing WPA auth as well but only at a distance of about 2 feet. When i moved it to where i wanted it which was about 8 feet from the router, it wouldn't connect, moved it back next to the router again and it worked.

so:
2.1 connects on wpa but is limited on distance
2.3 won't connect wpa but will connect open security and distance is ok
mate,
do you mean 2.1 release http://d-h.st/HxH works for u in new wifi drivers m3.
I think dhead made only 2.3 build http://d-h.st/9RV with the new wifi drivers
can u confirm,i will test with 2.1 here in new m3.The build i mentioned u use?
@Wibblilus
I have just tested 2.1 release http://d-h.st/HxH but doesn't detect wifi at all since this build don't have wifi drivers required for new m3.so how come u can connect to wifi with this build in new m3?u might be using in old m3.
@crappymate

that's what i don't get either, i have 2 different M3 boxes, one bought a few months ago and one bought last week. The image that i used to use when installed on the new box doesn't display any wifi. I tried dhead's 2.3 build on it and i could see the wifi connections but had the problems that i listed before with auth etc. I tried the 2.1 build on the new box and it also could see the wifi but it did connect to wpa only from a may distance of about 2 feet.
(2014-03-09, 15:26)wibbilus Wrote: @crappymate

that's what i don't get either, i have 2 different M3 boxes, one bought a few months ago and one bought last week. The image that i used to use when installed on the new box doesn't display any wifi. I tried dhead's 2.3 build on it and i could see the wifi connections but had the problems that i listed before with auth etc. I tried the 2.1 build on the new box and it also could see the wifi but it did connect to wpa only from a may distance of about 2 feet.
That's strange mate,
In my new m3 with 8188etv wifi ,when use 2.1 or other fw like j1nx,tlbb 1.1.2 no wifi detected,dheads 2.3 detects wifi but issue with auth and wifi connection .
U are trying frodo or Gotham build 2.1,I tried 12.4 frodo build,no wifi detected.may be dhead will make new build with new drivers and resolve the issue.
what's even stranger is that after trying again, 2.1 doesn't detect and 2.3 only allows unsecured connection. i'm at a total loss now and really do hope dhead can come up with a solution

1 interesting thing is that i got the unit delivered with android installed and i did a check on the devices and it reported the wifi as being a 8188eu not an 8188ETV. Not sure if there is much difference between them but could that be the problem?
(2014-03-09, 16:32)wibbilus Wrote: what's even stranger is that after trying again, 2.1 doesn't detect and 2.3 only allows unsecured connection. i'm at a total loss now and really do hope dhead can come up with a solution

1 interesting thing is that i got the unit delivered with android installed and i did a check on the devices and it reported the wifi as being a 8188eu not an 8188ETV. Not sure if there is much difference between them but could that be the problem?
maybe your 2 boxes are old version, not changed the new wifi driver, reflash back to J1NX
since the wifi issues just came out end of Feb
the first box is old version and j1nx's build works fine with that but on the new box it doesn't detect the wireless. Does anyone have any information on the reason for the change? was it EOL for the wireless chip or something like that?
Manufacturer change the wifi module in the PCb board of m3 I think because they can't find old wifi module anymore and used same as dualcore mx and mx2.
3.8188etv/8188eu wifi is same one new board.
New wifi :Realtek EU series (8188EU 8188ETV) Wireless USB Dongle support (NEW)

Old m3 used:8192 cu
Please don't use Gotham builds to test wifi, there may be an issue there related to wifi.
(2014-03-09, 21:19)dhead Wrote: Please don't use Gotham builds to test wifi, there may be an issue there related to wifi.

Hi,
The 2.3 frodo version also same wifi issue,I read in xda forum with jay bob latest build which is based on croniccorey has same issue,wifi security .when security is removed from Wpa2,connects fine to wifi.
It doesn't like encryption key .
People using tlbb 1.1.2 beta 3 mention wifi connects fine and I believe tlbb is m3 model with new 8188 etv wifi.
If we can build just out of that tlbb source,may be wifi works.
Thanks
(2014-03-09, 21:29)crappymate Wrote: If we can build just out of that tlbb source,may be wifi works.

If you're volunteering to compile a test build then you're welcome to do so, the sources are available to all.
Else, I already had my say in the matter (look back a few pages back).
I just successfully complied from ur github buildroot -amlogic-Xbmc ,and made the image.used in box,same wifi issue as ur 2.3 image.
I can do same from tlbb source,which URL do I Clone and what defconfig to use for tlbb build?
I can do this if u let me know.
Thanks
(2014-03-09, 21:19)dhead Wrote: Please don't use Gotham builds to test wifi, there may be an issue there related to wifi.

I may have been mistaken, a recent build for my M3 device (with rtl8192cu) is working great.

Here's a Gotham test build for the M3 with the updated RTL8188EU driver, I had to disable some configs in order to built this so this may not work at all.
If you're testing this don't post here without being absolutely sure that you've got the RTL8188EU and not the RTL8192CU.

(lsusb output for RTL8192CU "0bda:018a Realtek Semiconductor Corp."
lsusb output for RTL8188EU "0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.")

Gotham build for v2.3, M3 with RTL8188EU
Gotham_M3_LINUX_GBOX_v2.3-update.zip b0d60ec28dfecbe97f30640bb6cbed40 http://d-h.st/kjK
Thanks mate will try when I get home .
But in Gotham build lot of Xbmc addons don't work yet,so interested more in working frodo build with wifi.
Did u get chance to put new wifi drivers from amlogic u mentioned before?
What tlbb github we can build from and what's the defconfig ?i want to compile it.i have tried tlbb 1.1.2 beta 3 which box has new wifi but doesn't detect it in mine.
Alright, the issue with the RTL8188EU is a real PITA.

I've tested the updated driver from 06032014 on my MX device and the situation was the same, unstable connection.
I think this may be related USB communication as the the error messege in dmesg includes refering to NAK (but I'm not developer so this only a guess).
I'm afraid that without assistant from a kernel developer expert or an insight from Amlogic or debugging the usb communication it will be a game of guessing and trying different configs of kernel modules and of RTL8188EU drivers.
As these issues doesn't exist in Android I'm guessing that little tweaks need to be made for the configs (as long as no bug exist in the drivers or the kernel).

I know for a fact that there're Chinese merchants that reading this thread, if you are one, consider using your relation with the factory for requesting the defconfig of the kernel and the configuration used in the wireless driver (if any changes made to the defaults), this would help speed solving the issue.

I will point out that there may be an issue with authenticating but it's not the main problem, the major issue is that the connection isn't stable (and this might related to usb communication, or not).

Anyway, I have two more changes to test and after that I will postponed my tests and only continue when I will get my hands on the M3 that was sent to me (maybe next week) as I really need to get serial up and don't want to solder wires to the uart of my MX device as it's used daily.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help, j1nx source code0