Help with setting up home XBMC system - $150
Hi there xbmc community!
I am new to xbmc but I am in love with it!

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction or provide some specific advice...

History:
I have a 2TB external hard drive packed with tv, movies and documentaries. I connected this through an Xbox 360 into my big TV in the living room.

Present:
After realising the wonders of xbmc, I would like to explore the possibilities of expanding my home media systems. This would allow media form the external hard drive to be shared to my laptop, mother's tablet and the living room TV (simultaneously if needed). I've tried using my laptop at hand, but it seems to put one hell of a strain on the laptop and also I cannot connect it to my TV as it lacks hdmi or AV support.

Future:
What kind of setup would I need? Server / raspberry pi / old pc base converted to xbmc ubuntu / NAS?

Cost:
looking to spend no more than $150 if possible. I've done a lot of reading around but I don't know which is the best way to go as everyone claims they have different advantages. Ideally I would utilize the 2TB external hard drive I already have, but I am willing to pay for if necessary.

Thank you very much in advance! I appreciate that some of this information is buried somewhere but I am starting to cross wires in my head from all the reading I've done.

Kind regards - AK

EDIT: Would this do the trick or would it not be possible to make this available via a Wifi router?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Box-Midnight-M...escription

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with setting up home XBMC system - $1500