Subtitles not showing up
Same problem here with Windows and beta 1, the strange is that I was constantly updating to latest nightly without a glitch as matter subtitles but since Gotham appeared in nightlies all have problem on me
There's no substitute for experience
Amet, in this thread the problem is described by others, with screenshots. Maybe that will help?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188083&page=5
its all useless without log, your log shows nothing... zero... bluechris didnt upload anything so I cant help, sorry .. my crystal ball is broken
I have the same problem. I'm not home right now so I can't post my log file. But the subtitle doesn't show.
i have the same problem no subtitle showing up.
maybe somebody should make a tutorial video on this subtitle issue how to make it work for gotham 13.
with step by step.and then show a movie with the subtitle working.
( ps anybody would like this that have problem with subtitle)...vote for the mods to help us here
Maybe it needs a clean install? I will try it
Dont work only with video addons.
Ok, here my log file for not showing subtitles

http://pastebin.com/Wq3Hs5zA
I have experienced the same problem. Subtitles do not show up. I have looked in the log file for errors but I can't seem to find any. I can search and download subtitles and confirm that the subtitle file really is downloaded and placed in .../userdata/addon_data/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/temp/. So I think the problem is not with the opensubtitles service rather with the player not finding the subtitle file. Maybe there is something with the setting of where subtiles should be placed?
My memory may be faulty, but as I recall, it seems to work when playing a file on hard disk. But it definitely does not work with a streaming addon.

When I find more time I will try to investigate more and also provide a log-file.
Apple TV2 running XBMC Gotham beta
(2014-03-07, 14:58)kokangit Wrote: My memory may be faulty, but as I recall, it seems to work when playing a file on hard disk. But it definitely does not work with a streaming addon.

I can confirm that. Subtitles only work with files played from harddisk. Not on any streaming addon.
(2014-03-07, 09:14)Ewout Wrote: Thanks for looking at it. I tried other services for days, since beta 1 was released. And as you can see, a lot of people have the same problem. Subtitles are downloaded. From the service. They are in the temp-folder. But they don't show up in the movie. It happens with all the services. No subtitles at all.

Hello. I also have the same problem.
Here I posted my LOG.
http://pastebin.com/X40ruesP
Thank you very much.
I see also that logs have no info for the problem... i did also and i havent spot anything and its same like the people that allready posted logs...
SMB or Local video files get subtitles from opensubtitles fine... video plugins (in specific i use plexbmc to connect to a server of myne) they dont.

I rolled back to XBMCSetup-20140303-8a408a4-master.exe 03-Mar-2014 07:47 version and i am fine atm... its the last version before the beta1
(2014-03-07, 16:30)bluechris Wrote: I see also that logs have no info for the problem... i did also and i havent spot anything and its same like the people that allready posted logs...
SMB or Local video files get subtitles from opensubtitles fine... video plugins (in specific i use plexbmc to connect to a server of myne) they dont.

I rolled back to XBMCSetup-20140303-8a408a4-master.exe 03-Mar-2014 07:47 version and i am fine atm... its the last version before the beta1

Is there a smart way to rollback, or do you have to uninstall everything and then install it again. I would love to rollback, without losing all of my settings and addons.
I just install above with no problem but to be sure I 1st backup
I also rolled back to the March 3 version. Subtitles work fine in this version. So there is definitely a bug in Gotham beta 1. Hope this will be solved soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles not showing up0