Win ARCAM RDAC - return audiosinkbufferdurationmsec parameter
Hello everyone.
I'm using XBMC for a long time and I have ARCAM RDAC connected through USB. And I'm expreciencing problems with sound but now I know how it can be fixed. I tried JRiver few days ago and I found that it plays flawless. I specified WASAPI in both programs, but there is definetely difference between XBMC and JRiver. Then I run Performance monitor and I added performance counters for Arcam. And at the same moment I heard delay/distortion in sound I saw spike for "Transfer errors/sec" performance counter. That fact described me everything. I thought that there is a problem with cable or port. But I tried all cables and all ports already. Then I run JRiver again and set value of buffer to 50 msec. And I heard the same problems and saw the same spikes for "Transfer errors/sec" counter. If I set buffer length back to 100 ms JRiver plays perfect and I don't see any spikes for "Transfer errors/sec". So, the problem is not in cable or port. This particular device in this particular environment (may be all or most RDACs) requires bigger buffer.
So, is it possible to return audiosinkbufferdurationmsec parameter in future builds?
Sorry for my bad English.
Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCAM RDAC - return audiosinkbufferdurationmsec parameter0