2 Android Boxes in the same Location possible (IR))
I think i've settled on a g-Box midnight.

I plan to put them both under the stairs where all my av and network stuff reside.

Then i realised that i might have an issue with the remote controlling both g-boxes Sad

Anyone know if there is some kind of frequency change or do the remotes have a random frequency etc?

Cheers
need to connect them to the tv dont you?
That's sorted, 2 runs of HDMI under the floor to the 2 tv's.
How are you getting the ir to the tv? Usb cable run alongside hdmi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-02-28, 22:28)nickr Wrote: How are you getting the ir to the tv? Usb cable run alongside hdmi?

I use these as I too have it all under the stairs.

http://www.hdconnectivity.com/accessorie...r-kit.html

Work superbly. No lag or delay.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Very cool.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I would assume that they run on the same frequency, but if you are using an injector over hdmi or separate or repeaters from each room it shouldn't be a big issue. Only problem I would see is making sure each one is shielded from each other so the ir emitter of one doesn't bounce signals to the other. If they're stacked maybe just some electrical tape over the emitter to keep it from having outside interference.
Why a midnight? It's a single core box and will run slow it's just like the pivos. I would never touch anything less then dual core. Minix x5 is a good box especially with a custom rom

The gbox and mx2 are horrible crappy boxes. They also are not liked by the Xbmc devs because the company doesn't follow the gpu license. And don't ever ask for support the company offers no support if you have an issue with the box. I have seen them tell people sorry we can't help even though they claim a 1 year warranty

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Android Boxes in the same Location possible (IR))0