Gray video on certain codecs
I am running the latest available nightly of Gotham from the xbmc-fernetmenta-master repo for my linux version (26/1/14) and have noticed that on certain codecs I get a completely gray image, other codecs work fine.

Any idea whats gone wrong here? Or if there is anything I can do to resolve this?
Update your installation - you are running most likely Ubuntu 12.10 which does not get any updates anymore as Ubuntu stopped supporting it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Could do I suppose - yes, Running 12.10.. (Xbmcbuntu)

Can I update the linux version from command line? What are the commands?
sudo do-release-upgrade

cross fingers, toes, everything else.
xbmc@revo:~$ sudo do-release-upgrade
sudo: do-release-upgrade: command not found

didnt cross them enough I suppose. Smile Is there another command I can run?
sudo apt-get install update-manager-core first.

Oh, and I'd suggest a sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade first to make sure you're as up-to-date as possible. And also get lots of coffee (it's nailbiting and slow) and accept that your machine will be out of action for some time while it downloads and installs a gazillion trillobytes of stuff.
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-release-upgrader-core
sudo do-release-upgrade
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
THanks.. Its upgrading now.. Smile
Install worked fine, but like you said, it took a loooong time. Smile

My HDMI audio had gone missing (only spdif worked), but after reading up on it I uninstalled PulseAudio and my audio is now back to what it used to be (both HDMI and SPDIF).

I am still to see if the gray video problem is gone, but atleast I am now on the latest nightly XBMC along with a more up to date Ubuntu version.
The gray video has come back for certain codecs.. Im running Xbmcbuntu 13 (beta), so the latest version of Ubuntu (14.04 LTS), along with the latest nightly XBMC.. Any ideas?
logfile or it never happened. Please see the "Read this first before you post" ...
OK, i'll try to get it done. In the mean time.. I have tested a few movies and all MPEG4 videos are gray..

I might try to drop back to the Beta repo and try that one first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gray video on certain codecs0