Android smartwatch controlling XBMC
Here's a video of an Android smartwatch controlling XBMC with speech recognition.
using two separate recognizers.

SmartQ Z1 controlling XBMC

it's surprisingly liberating to have your speech remote control with you all the time,
no matter where you are in the house!.

Steve.
That's hot. How do I do it with my Note 3?
I haven't even thought about putting it on a phone, I don't carry my phone with me around the house.
I might look at that at some point, but I think there would be more involved than just making the buttons bigger etc
and using the extra screen space, I think users who have the ability to search the XBMC database with voice from
their phone would also want the full remote experience with all the graphics on the phone etc.

Steve.
OMG, 79,99 for a smartwatch with android? have to get one myselfe. Onyl need to find some retailer in europe.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
btw, I do the actual recognition on the xbmc side, the watch is sending the audio over wifi.
There's a cut down version of the SmartQ available for $79 but it doesn't include wifi,
the full version with wifi is $99 but that's pretty good in my book as there are a bunch of Android watches
available now for two or three times that price and most of them don't look as good.

Steve.
(2014-03-01, 18:53)Jmhthefirst Wrote: That's hot. How do I do it with my Note 3?

Yatse remote control (Android) does voice recognition. I've only played around with it a little, but it does seem pretty slick.
I use yatse for voice commands but I haven't looked into navigational control.
I was surprised how good YATSE is,....i use a cheap android 7in tablet to control my XBMC..
with the YATSE unlocker i can download movies from XBMC to my tablet,.. great
(2014-03-02, 14:09)steve118x Wrote: btw, I do the actual recognition on the xbmc side, the watch is sending the audio over wifi.
There's a cut down version of the SmartQ available for $79 but it doesn't include wifi,
the full version with wifi is $99 but that's pretty good in my book as there are a bunch of Android watches
available now for two or three times that price and most of them don't look as good.

Steve.
So is this available to the public? How do I get it?
(2014-03-02, 14:09)steve118x Wrote: btw, I do the actual recognition on the xbmc side, the watch is sending the audio over wifi.

Steve.

where do you get yours? i cant find a shop where it it is in stock...
(2014-03-02, 20:39)john.cord Wrote:

Steve.

where do you get yours? i cant find a shop where it it is in stock...
Ah. is it just a matter of finding the watch, or is it a piece of software that you have written?
Huh

I asked him where he bought the watch...
Quote:So is this available to the public? How do I get it?

It's a work in progress!
Steve
Quote:where do you get yours? i cant find a shop where it it is in stock...

I got mine directly from SmartQ
http://buy.smartqme.com/smartq-z-watch.html

beware that
1. they have a new cut down model without wifi for $79, I paid $99 for the Z1 with wifi.( I use the wifi to send the audio to windows for speech recognition etc)
2. I got shipping by DHL, it took two weeks. (that doesn't seem to be unusual from what I read on "d'internet")

(2014-03-02, 20:41)Jmhthefirst Wrote: Ah. is it just a matter of finding the watch, or is it a piece of software that you have written?

I'm writing some software,
There's a bit that's written in Java and runs on Android , on the watch.
There's a bit that's written in C# on windows.
Then there's another bit that run's as an XBMC python plugin/script.

Steve.
My watch should be here next week. Any idea when we might see some builds we can try? Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android smartwatch controlling XBMC0