XBMC no mp3 sound
Ok no probs, i'll keep a look out.
Ok, looks like the options for Gotham are:

1. Set desktop refresh rate to 30Hz or less, however you may get noticeable flicker in GUI.

2. Decode everything to PCM to use the Fixed output setting, however you'll no longer get passthrough to AVR which shouldn't really matter unless you've a lot of videos with DTS-HD.
Ok i'll try at 30Hz and see how i get along with that.

Thanks for all the info, sorry to lead you on a bit of a wild goose chase thinking it was xbmc.
Hallo

I have the same avr and the same Problem like the thread Starter.
The Option with the 30hz is not Rally usable, gui is laggy and some Files wth less than 48khz wohnt Play.
Also i will not miss tue passthrough Option to the avr.
Is there meanwhile an other Option to this?
The Problem cant be the avr because it plays mp3 from other devices?
Greetz Stealth
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5
Hi Folks,

I have the exact same issue. The only workaround is to change the output to 'Direct Sound' at 48KHz. This is not ideal as I have to change this setting every time I want to listen to a MP3 track or the Radio app.

I run Kodi off a standalone PC with Display Port output. The PC runs Kodi Ubuntu and it is patched with all the latest updates including Kodi 15.1. My AVR is a Pioneer VSK 528 and I do prefer the passthrough option as I have a lot of movies with DD and DTS tracks.

As expressed prior in this post it is not the Amp as all other MP3s pushed through different devices work fine. This issue has been around since Gotham. And yes I have tried different cables. I did try as a test a separate sound card (Asus Sonar 5.1) and that worked perfectly with no sound issues but that was through Optical out.

This should be classified as a known bug when pushing sound through HDMI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC no mp3 sound0