update eden 11.0 to latest version
hi im struggling to udate xbmc 11.0. im on linux 14 i installed XBMC using sudo apt install xbmc and 11.0 was the distr it installed all my add-ons are becoming broken and saying missing dependencies any help please
what is linux 14?

wild guess: your distro is very outdated, so a reinstall with something recent is probably in order.
I suspect you mean Mint 14 - in which case it's Ubuntu 12.10 - in which case it's 18 months out of date:

quantal (12.10) (video): XBMC Media Center (binary data package) [universe]
2:11.0~git20120510.82388d5-1ubuntu2: amd64 i386

Choices:

1. Upgrade your operating system to something newer (e.g. based on 'buntu 13.10 or even next month's 14.04)

2. Add the official XBMC repositories and install from there to get XBMC 12.3 now and then 13.0 when it's released in the relatively near future.

Installing_XBMC_for_Linux (wiki)
yes sorry linux mint 14, thought that my distro was problem dont like to change if everything is fine. but it obviously time to upgrade.
thanks for your help
Well, you don't *have* to change - you can simply install XBMC as per that link and be happy with that. More to the point, I think your distro reaches end of life next month as it's not an LTS derivative - so perhaps that's more the reason to consider what next.
Keep in mind, even if you do upgrade your distro that won't fix your addons.

There have been lots of changes that require all addons to updated to support Gotham. Not all addon devs have done this yet....
Linux Mint cannot be upgraded (which is why I don't recommend it to a single soul), it has to be reinstalled. Maybe they've finally fixed that, I don't know.
I had to reinstall to mint 16 it is extremely good though. got mashup, fusion and xunity all seems good apart from 1 channel which need to use different proxy than the ones they recommend.
And it was going so well...

Announcing that list of addons on this forum is equivalent to saying "I got it all up and running and then went off to push an old lady into the road and roll a peeled baby in salt". Maybe best if you keep it to the operating system and core XBMC application and addons...
(2014-03-05, 13:23)Prof Yaffle Wrote: And it was going so well...

Announcing that list of addons on this forum is equivalent to saying "I got it all up and running and then went off to push an old lady into the road and roll a peeled baby in salt". Maybe best if you keep it to the operating system and core XBMC application and addons...

lol Big Grin
O take it i over stepped the mark by quite a bit then, my bad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
update eden 11.0 to latest version0