Anonymous CVS don't work!?!
i can't download xbmc source trough cvs with this line:

"%cvs%" -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous:@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xbmc checkout xbmc

whyHuh Sad

p.d.: in march-09 all ok...
Quote:( 2006-03-13 12:42:16 - project cvs service ) as of 2006-03-12 pserver (anonymous) cvs services, along with tarballs and viewcvs are down for projects that start with the letters e, i, j, o, v, w and x. we hope to resolve this issue in the next 2 days.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i vote for switching the host! Wink

svn + trac is much better than sf.net imo
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
is there an alternative download for the cvs sourcecode ?
not that i know of!

wish there was though as sourceforge is very unpredictable and now more than ever users need to update to search out bugs ready for public release.
(deanrparry @ mar. 15 2006,15:53 Wrote:not that i know of!

wish there was though as sourceforge is very unpredictable and now more than ever users need to update to search out bugs ready for public release.
conspiracy theory?

seems to me this is a very wierd concidence......an outage of more than 3 days that affects the cvs repository just after the annoucement of the new version.

i have not experienced an outage of this magnitude n sourceforge since i have been downloading and compiling xbmc....
i've been able to do an update for last couple days without a problem.

i did have issues trying to checkout though.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
sorry you lost me nuka?
oke, so the sf cvs is down for xbmc for anonymous. is there a different option to distribute a daily version of a cvs checkout?

perhaps somebody (not anonymous) could checkout a recent version and than share it via a p2p network (i assume it is not illegal to distribute a source of an opensource program via p2p?) like bittorrent?

because i am really longing for a new cvs or at least a recent version of the changelog.txt to see what things were fixed/added recently.
i've been using

:pserver:[email protected]:443/cvsroot/xbmc

and doing an update not a checkout and it works fine.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
just did a checkout using
Quote::pserver:[email protected]:443/cvsroot/xbmc
and it worked.

thanks nuka1195.
term that is applicable is did work... might as well face it the 2.0.0 release will hit before sf gets their act together
worked for me 15 minutes ago. thanks guys
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
i thought i posted this already ??

anyway, i use xbmcdbr, how can i adapt it to use the above working code?
you can use the package from here http://johnypcguru.home.mchsi.com/
and edit the batch file accordingly. thanks to yuyu for his work Smile

snappz
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anonymous CVS don't work!?!0