Anonymous CVS don't work!?!
yes checkout works fine also. it was my error. when using tortoiscvs, do not right click the xbmc folder to do a checkout. either click an open space or one folder above xbmc.

but i haven't had any issues with either checkout or update using the mirror as long as i do it right.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
@deanrparry update and check out are working with tortoisecvs.

cheers b4tm4n.
i give up... its almost like sf knows its me!

in d:\files: "c:\program files\tortoisecvs\cvs.exe" "-q" "checkout" "-p" "xbmc"
cvsroot=:pserver:[email protected]:443/cvsroot/xbmc

empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
cvs.exe [checkout aborted]: error reading from server cvs-pserver.sourceforge.net: 0: no such file or directory

error, cvs operation failed

everytime! did work! then just stopped!
dont feel bad dp, is same thing here. maybe we'll get lucky in the next few months and get one dled
(harshreality @ mar. 19 2006,18:41 Wrote:dont feel bad dp, is same thing here. maybe we'll get lucky in the next few months and get one dled
how strange... looks like ill have to stick to downloading the tarballs and using a local cvs source. oh well...

some are lucky some are not.
have you guys tried deleting the whole xbmc folder?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
yes... reinstalled tortoise. disabled firewall. i've tried everything! i'm sure we are being blocked.
download (source code) perfectly with this line and cvs.exe :

"%cvs%" -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous:@cvs-pserver.sourceforge.net:443/cvsroot/xbmc checkout xbmc

only appears at finish the message "cvs.exe checkout: dying gasps from cvs-pserver.sourceforge.net unexpected". compiled and run ok.

not download with this line and cvs.exe :

"%cvs%" -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous:@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xbmc checkout xbmc
are you using a proxy ?
if not try using one, incase you are been blocked.

cheers b4tm4n.
(mariano @ mar. 19 2006,14:40 Wrote:download (source code) perfectly with this line and cvs.exe :

"%cvs%" -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous:@cvs-pserver.sourceforge.net:443/cvsroot/xbmc checkout xbmc

only appears at finish the message "cvs.exe checkout: dying gasps from cvs-pserver.sourceforge.net unexpected". compiled and run ok.

not download with this line and cvs.exe :

"%cvs%" -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous:@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xbmc checkout xbmc
thanks for the instructions. i have finished the download and i'm compiling now!!.
do yoiu guys use this http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=427601

after adding the working code and rebuilding, it works.
makes no difference to me at all... still does not work!
have you tried checking out to the root of c:\ .... shouldn't make any difference i guess but i had problems trying to checkout to anything other than just c:\ in the past..... good luck
i've been getting the following error for a few days now when trying to update :
Quote:cvs update -p -a -d (in directory e:\sources\xbmc\Wink
cvs [update aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sourceforge.net: m -!- client or server timeout occurred!

***** cvs exited normally with code 1 *****
i use the latest wincvs but i also get the same error with tortoisecvs. any suggestions ?
yep, try and download something else. going after this particular cvs is a lost cause. i hit the link for the daily tarball and it started... for a momment i was tickled until it finished. after i opened it it was like deformed, the contents were misnamed and there were files missing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anonymous CVS don't work!?!0