Linux Video juddering(?)
Hello Xbmc Community,
I have a slight problem with the playback of some FullHD Videos.

The Video itself plays fine but when the bitrate raise to over 22-23 it starts juddering but plays normalyy when the bitrate falls below that value of 22-23.

In my Windows distribution it is a slight bit more fluent. I testet it and its not a problem with the files.

Im using 12.3 Frodo

My System is Mint 16 Cinnamon 64bit version 2.0.14
I use an AMD A6-3500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics x3 (processor)
and a Radeon HD 7850 (Graphics Card)
i have 4 GB RAM (although PC only shows 3.8GiB)

I would appreciate advice very much.
you most probably don't have working hardware video decoding

see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854
Thanks i think this will help me , BUT i really dont know enough about that stuff to just follow the tut there...
for example how do i install a mini iso? i mean i have a OS working and dunno what is meant with that

im thankful for any further help
If you're not able to follow the guide or get another GPU your best choice is to use Windows.
So i assume that my Graphics card is too weak?
and id follow the guiede as good as i could but i cant get that mini iso stuff done since i donte quite understand what is meant with that in a virtual machiene or sth?
It's not too weak, it's just that you need bleeding edge software to make use of it on Linux.

The "mini ISO" in the guide refers to the minimal install .iso file of Ubuntu that you can download and install. I don't know where you got virtual machine from, the word virtual is not mentioned once in the guide.
Ah okay thanks for claryfiying that to me.
I assumed for some reason that you had to install the iso even if you have already an workying sysem based on saucy (like mint 16).
So ill try and see what i can do with my limited skills and if i can get it to work fluently .
It is not a requirement but it could be a bit more complicated getting it to to work on other Linux versions. Feel free to try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video juddering(?)0