Bug Subtitles
Hello, I use addon to stream movies and TVshow from internet, and in Frodo I was able to import subtitle with Subtitle downloader into stream, but with Gotham I can't anymore, is there any solution or I must downgrade?
HOW-TO:Setup subtitle services (wiki)
i configured that but it doesn't work, it says that subtitle is downloaded but it's not imported, I tried using specific folder for subtitles on my hdd but no help Sad
I have exactly the same problem since beta 1. I can search and choose subtitles. They are downloaded, but then they don't appear in the movie. I tried the last nightly build, I chose different subtitle services and also tried a different subtitle download location, but no effect. I use the standard skin ( confluence). In Frodo I never had issues with subtitles. I use the ARM version, on an Android tv-box. Two of my friends have the same problem with the subtitles. And I read on the blog post that several others experience the same bug too. What could be wrong?
By the way: I also did what is described in the 'how-to set up subtitle services'.
I have the exact same problem! I'm using Mk908ii
And same problem here........something to do with settings?.......They don't show up while all the settings are correct
Debug Log while it fails
(2014-03-06, 12:52)Ewout Wrote: I have exactly the same problem since beta 1. I can search and choose subtitles. They are downloaded, but then they don't appear in the movie. I tried the last nightly build, I chose different subtitle services and also tried a different subtitle download location, but no effect. I use the standard skin ( confluence). In Frodo I never had issues with subtitles. I use the ARM version, on an Android tv-box. Two of my friends have the same problem with the subtitles. And I read on the blog post that several others experience the same bug too. What could be wrong?
By the way: I also did what is described in the 'how-to set up subtitle services'.

i have the same problem using windows.the subtitle is found but when downloaded it would not show up on the video.
frodo 12.3 no poblem.
i hope they fix this on gotham.everybody having problems with subtitle.
Everyone has the same problem: they don't upload a debug log (wiki)
Yes they do, in the other thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187645
For the ones that can compile/test, fix here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4367
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
Hello everyone,

I have also updated to gotham beta 1 on my intel NUC (OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-3.95.1) and my ATV 2. Everything works perfect apart from the subtitles as well. I have seen that it is being fixed at the moment (found it in another thread) but I think my problem is different, since in my case it does not even download the subtitle in the first place, and from what I see here is that it downloads the subtitle but does not display it properly.
I did follow the wiki on how te setup subtitles as Ned Scott posted earlier..

I did setup to install the subtitles locally, because before I had a problem with permissions. I think I solved that now, but just to be sure I left it the way it was before..

My debug log (for my NUC) is here: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=149592

I hope someone can help me.
(2014-03-15, 15:08)Cassiuss Wrote: Hello everyone,

I have also updated to gotham beta 1 on my intel NUC (OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-3.95.1) and my ATV 2. Everything works perfect apart from the subtitles as well. I have seen that it is being fixed at the moment (found it in another thread) but I think my problem is different, since in my case it does not even download the subtitle in the first place, and from what I see here is that it downloads the subtitle but does not display it properly.
I did follow the wiki on how te setup subtitles as Ned Scott posted earlier..

I did setup to install the subtitles locally, because before I had a problem with permissions. I think I solved that now, but just to be sure I left it the way it was before..

My debug log (for my NUC) is here: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=149592

I hope someone can help me.

Your problem seems to be that your still using the Frodo subtitle addon, which is obsolete now. Uninstall it, and install one (or more) of the subtitle service addons...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
(2014-03-15, 15:29)arnova Wrote: Your problem seems to be that your still using the Frodo subtitle addon, which is obsolete now. Uninstall it, and install one (or more) of the subtitle service addons...

isn't this done automatically when you update to gotham? When I go to add-ons->enabled add-ons-->subtitles I only see the 3 providers that I installed on gotham. So to be honest I would not know how to uninstall the old Frodo add-on. Perhaps any particular file that I can delete manually??

Thanks!

EDIT: Just saw that beta 2 came out, so I updated but still have the same problem. I have tried 3 providers (opensubtitles, podnapsi and subscene.com) but with all of them nothing happens.. Did everyone else uninstall the old Frodo subtitle add-on themselvesHuh
And if yes, can someone tell me how??
I now understand how you found something about frodo in my log. The subs didn't show because I was using the aeon nox skin which isn't updated yet. So just changing back to the confluence skin did the job! Thanks anyway!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles0