Cant install skin after update xbmc
I just updated from openelec frodo 12.2 to openelec gotham beta 1

i deleted the skin, and tried to reinstall aeon mq 5 skin but i get error 'dependancy not met"
Tried other skins, its the same...

I had the same on my windows version of xbmc, but there i could manually (not by zip) install it.

But on openelec this doesnt seem to work

anyone know how to fix?
Sounds like you are trying to install a skin that ins't Gotham ready.

Skins/addons need to be updated for Gotham
yes it is gotham ready... (otherwise it wouldnt work on my windows either, wouldnt it?)

aeon mq 5 gotham version...
If its say 'dependancy not met" then it is either unable to pull in a dependancy or the dependancy isn't gotham ready.

Debug log will show you more.
You can always install it by extracting the skin to the addons folder. Check the wiki for the location of your userdata folder

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata

then go to the parent directory and you'll find addons. Extract the contents of the zip file into a new folder in addons. eg. skin.aeonmq5

Edit: This will install the skin, ignoring any unmet dependencies so proceed at own caution.
The problem you're running into is with the subtitles add-on service... do a force-refresh of the add-on repo and they should appear (same exact thing happened to me)
Well samirai said it could be common plugin cache, and tada that was it! It wasnt installed, strangely. Installed it and its fixed. I could install mq5 again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant install skin after update xbmc0