Sound keep falling out a sec every often, help needed.
Hi

I built a new mediasystem with an new Intel Haswell cpu, so now i use the built in Intel HD 4400 togheter with sound via the HDMI.

After i built my new system the sound keeps falling out for a sec every few minutes.
I use HDMI to my surround reciver.

I use passthrough and set it to AC3 and DTS.

I tryed all the WASABI,Directsound and all other options in there and the sound still drop out still.

Updated to latest Intel drivers also and the problem is still there.

Does anyone know what can be the problem ?
Please read this, and this - so that you can provide some more info regarding your issue. Also I'm sure that user bluray will be along here to post a link to one of his threads...
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Hi

Thanks
Read and tested out most that stuff there without luck.

I used this setup for a while on an older i5 system, so i only upgraded cpu and motherboard to a new Haswell so i can`t understand what it can be.

Going to try out some small stuff from the links and see if they can help.
Have you got Sync to Display enabled under your Video -> Playback settings? if so try with it disabled.
(2014-03-07, 12:01)jjd-uk Wrote: Have you got Sync to Display enabled under your Video -> Playback settings? if so try with it disabled.

Hi

This one was disabled so i enabled it and tested, the sound still goes out for 1 sec about every min or so.

This is so strange, what ever audio settings i do it is still dropping out like that.
Follow wiki page log_file (wiki) on how to produce a debug log and link to it.
I tested out more and using webbrowser and youtube, the same happening there to so i can confirm that it`s not an XBMC error.

I read now that Intel tells there is problem with the Haswell cpu and audio over HDMI.
They have no other solution then an bios update, but i got the latest for mine so i guess i have to dig more or contact msi.

Last resort could be an small audiocard, since the onboard audiocard don`t have Optical out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound keep falling out a sec every often, help needed.0