More Ouya Issues vs XBMC
It could be a bad power supply. Embedded devices will do weird things when they don't get enough power, and USB will definitely cause the power usage to increase.
Same devices though. The one that works is USB powered by the Ouya. Everything else is kaput. It's nuts. I optimized the drives with video playback settings in windows. It's nuts. No clue why nothing else plays. Even with additional power. Doesn't matter what format.
Sounds like power problem. Try using powered USB hub. Even they are same model / same brand, power draw can be variable & cause these minor problems.
(2014-03-13, 09:36)Koying Wrote: SPMC has an ouya specific hack which allows multi-channel PCM (not passthrough) in very specific conditions.

Not something that can be included in XBMC master...

So just to clarify, XMBC on Ouya will never do passthrough over HDMI?
It's in Ouya's hands. If they can provide me with a way to do passthrough over HDMI on their box, I'll implement it in SPMC and XBMC on Ouya.
(2014-03-19, 22:31)Koying Wrote: It's in Ouya's hands. If they can provide me with a way to do passthrough over HDMI on their box, I'll implement it in SPMC and XBMC on Ouya.

Well, I'm confused then because both SPMC and XBMC on Ouya will pass-through DTS/AC3.....sort of anyway.

And as far as I can tell it works on pretty much all AVRs (it's been reported to work on Yamaha, Onyko, Pioneer, Denon,etc), however, it requires a re-negotiation of the HDMI (power cycling the AVR, switching inputs or unplugging the HDMI) for it to work due to a handshake issue. With the exception of Denon which requires manually changing the decode mode on the AVR (which is what I have to do) due to the fact that Denon doesn't pack their audio blocks in one package like other AVR makers.

Gotham doesn't allow this due to changes in AE. Most likely because unless the SoC is AML it forces downmix to 2 channel PCM for all Android devices.

So I might be wrong, and apologize if I am. But since it appears to work, less what appears to be a handshake issue, I would assume that it doesn't have anything to do with Android in particular.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Right, I forgot that passthrough "accidentally" works with some smarter AVR that can detect ac3/dts on their own.

I'll implement a "fake" passthrough device in SPMC so that this "feature" can be reproduced on Gotham.
I don't know how "smarter" an AVR has to be, mine's a 5 yr old Denon AVR-391 which was one of the cheapest they made at the time. Laugh And I would not call it very smart. Sad

(2014-03-20, 02:53)Koying Wrote: I'll implement a "fake" passthrough device in SPMC so that this "feature" can be reproduced on Gotham.

Sounds good, I'd be happy with the multi-channel PCM remedy right now, since that's easier than switching the decode mode on my AVR every time the audio type changes.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I wonder if it would work better with the CM firmware that some people have installed on the OUYA.
(2014-03-20, 03:45)Tinwarble Wrote: I don't know how "smarter" an AVR has to be, mine's a 5 yr old Denon AVR-391 which was one of the cheapest they made at the time. Laugh And I would not call it very smart. Sad
Well, at least my Samsung home cinema is even dumber, as it *never* find out by itself that ac3/dts in on the wire ;-)
I bought a powered usb. It does the same. I have 4 external wd passport 2tb. My main one has movies. Works great. Others don't play without freezing on the Ouya. I put their files on the movie drive and the videos play fine. I used Sbmc, Xbmc ouya, and Gotham. No go. Now what? =/

Also, powered usb with 2 hd plugged in resets the ouya. I was kinda hoping it would read both, but only 1 until it resets. Is there just a Better device or way to do this. It should be easier.
...it also seems to jump between themes. All my settings wiped a few days ago, and the backup app won't work for android.
Ouya only supports one external at a time. You can root it and get it to mount two with an app but i read that it will switch them on reboots so its a no go for using them as media sources with scaned libraries. That is one thing i hate the most about the ouya.
I can remove 1...and plug the other....it remounts. I hate it. The hub only shows 1, no matter what I do. Odd that it's not an option.
I'm so close to just ordering other devices to run XBMC and selling my Ouya. 1 more USB port would fix a lot. If I could get it to even READ all of my drives. I was looking at doing a NAS setup, but I don't think it'll work out. :\
(2014-03-22, 02:56)McButton Wrote: I was looking at doing a NAS setup, but I don't think it'll work out. :\

Why? I run a NAS with my Ouya and it works fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More Ouya Issues vs XBMC0