Req "Play using" on album view / directory
Hello,
As noone was able to help in the help section then it must be a feature request Wink

At the moment I can only use "play using" on songs but I would really like to be able to do it on the "album" view. Any idea if I can do something to enable it? In the context menu, there is only a play option.

PS: can't delete the old thread/move it here (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187445)
Our UPnP implementation doesn't support playlists right now which would be necessary if you wanted to play a whole directory. There's also no queuing of single items. So yes, it's a feature request.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok thanks for the explanation. So how does it work at the moment? If I go in an album and use play using on a song, then all the songs after are played as well so I'm not sure I understand what you mean with no queuing of single items: there seems to be one implicite
This depends on how you have playback set.

If it is set for continual ("Play Next Song Automatically" under the "Playback" settings for Music) then it will play the next song after the current one.

However, be warned that when you do this, if you press "stop" on the renderer then xbmc will straight away schedule the next media asset rather than stop playing. This means that to stop playback you need to do it from xbmc.
(2014-03-12, 16:16)floatingcloud Wrote: This depends on how you have playback set.

If it is set for continual ("Play Next Song Automatically" under the "Playback" settings for Music) then it will play the next song after the current one.

However, be warned that when you do this, if you press "stop" on the renderer then xbmc will straight away schedule the next media asset rather than stop playing. This means that to stop playback you need to do it from xbmc.

That's what I meant with
Quote:Our UPnP implementation doesn't support playlists
What you see is XBMC working through a local playlist by passing one item at the time to the player. But the UPnP renderer doesn't know anything about the other items. IIRC (from reading the UPnP specs a while ago) there is some kind of playlist handling in the protocol.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Play using" on album view / directory0