[WIP] PyTunes (fork of HTPC-Manager)
(2014-01-27, 19:08)hellow Wrote: I think its fine showing off features but if there is no pull back to main. People are confused an expect things that doesn't get added. I applaud the effort tho, a own thread might be a way to go.

I've only been working on this for a few weeks and am still nowhere near pushing to my own master, much less sending a pull request. I will send a pull request when I think the time is right.

For now, if anyone wants the changes I've made and show it's easy enough to find my develop branch.

If a mod tells me to quit posting in this thread, I will.

(2014-01-27, 19:08)hellow Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 19:00)styxit Wrote: Yes, this is a fork. The original repo created by dakpunne and SyphOn is no longer actively developed. Currently the active branch can be found at my github account: https://github.com/styxit/HTPC-Manager. This has been the case for almost a year now.

As can be seen in post #289 and #290, dakpunne and SyphOn both think i did the right thing, instead of letting the project die.

The thing that could be confusing is the PyTunes screenshots that MadClicker has been posting lately. Maybe the PyTunes stuff MadClicker is working on should go to its own topic, since it is not stuff that applies to HTPC-Manager?

I think its fine showing off features but if there is no pull back to main. People are confused an expect things that doesn't get added. I applaud the effort tho, a own thread might be a way to go.

Correct, PyTunes screenshots are confusing. - makes me think the current version is out of date, the fork mentioned https://github.com/styxit/HTPC-Manager is not longer active and has been replaced. All along while updates are being received.

Total confusion. Just wanted to make sure and agreed, it should have its own thread.
For the easily confused: This is not part of the HTPC-Manager main branch yet. This is just the work I am doing to my own version. You may never have anything this cool!

Now: if you're still confused click "BACK"!

For everyone else, I made some cool mods to the movie modal:

Hate the buttons...fix tomorrow.

Same disclosure: I am not a HTPC-Manager developer. This is work I'm doing to the HTPC-Manager shell I forked 1 month ago.

If you are still confused click BACK and don't look at this cool stuff.

I still can't figure out the button attr's, but I did some more stuff to the movie modal.

I made each actor thumb clickable and I'll add a popup to show more info.

Have more formatting until I'm happy.

Almost happy with this.

This is it for now with the movie modal...actor roles added:

I wish I had just changed it to another window link...oh, well.

Music needs work desperately.

(2014-02-05, 21:14)lordfiSh Wrote: is it possible to show the Movie (and TV Show) Paths and maybe a Download Option (via FTP or SMB)?

Don't know about a download, but I just missed adding the path to the movie modal. It's very good info to have, especially when you have your media spread over many different machines, like I do.

Implementing it was pretty easy, the info was already retrieved from the server, but not used. The hardest part was formatting the html thru js. I only started using js, and python for that matter, a month ago.

I'm just posting this pic to show I still have to figure out what I'm doing wrong with holder.js.

Disclaimer:

These are mods I'm doing to my fork of HTPC-Manager.

If you are still cofused, please just block my posts.

(2014-02-19, 00:31)hellow Wrote: I just tested it on my pi now. It works, if only i could manage to moint my nas... Anyway everything seems to be correct apart from the disk usage. It says that nothing is used. And that total diskspace is just 225 mb. Thats not correct but there isnt anything i can do about it. Just a word of caution, you need to install from source, apt-get installed version 0.5 and it will NOT work. By the default the mountpoints are / and /boot (on my pi atleast). If any could give me a list of standard mountpoint that should not be included that would be awesome.

(2014-02-18, 23:25)MadClicker Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 20:25)hellow Wrote: Any Linux users that have tested the stat module. Does it work? Any mountpoints that should be ignored?

I'm working on it right now. I had a disk crash last night and lost some work....besides the usual pita.
Oh man, i feels for you. I just had a disk die during parity rebuild Confused

I pushed what I did this afternoon to my develop branch.
If I remember correctly I changed this:

usage = psutil.disk_usage(disk.device)

Back to this:

usage = psutil.disk_usage(disk.mountpoint)

in the posix 'else' to get the diskspace numbers back right. I also noticed the way you select just the devices and made use of the 'disk_usage2' sub you left to separate the progress bars from the full table view. I'm not fond of how clunky tables look with bars in them.

The top stuff is supposed to be in the summary tab and the table in the disks and nfs tab:

The other tabs are placeholders for now. The html in the summary is broke and messing up the tabs, but that's just work.

This is a shot of a curses app that uses psutil...kinda what I was thinking for a summary....but with bars.

(2014-02-18, 20:25)hellow Wrote: Any Linux users that have tested the stat module. Does it work? Any mountpoints that should be ignored?

Linux (Ubuntu 12.10) has repeat sections
Although listed - no NAS volumes.

I'm in the process of converting all my samba shares to nfs4. I've got only 1 done, but it shows that some tricks have to be played to get the nfs shares to show with the local drives using psutil.

I'll let you know when I figure it out.

I can't be sure how it'll work with windows. The closest I have to a windows installation is a vm with xp and partypoker installed.

I got it working with a list and a conditional. I'm sure it will need to be tweaked for other fstypes.

It's there. I had to push it to be able to pull it to my server and test the nfs mounts.

It's not "finished", of course, but that part seems to be working.

I'm sure you can figure out how to merge it with yours.

hellow,

I made some small changes to the real memory bars and tables.

Changed virtual.used to virtual.total - virtual.available
Changed virtual.free to virtual.available

Now the numbers jive.

(2014-02-21, 14:59)MadClicker Wrote: hellow,

Now the numbers jive.

Great, I didn't notice that they where off. It it's correct on windows. I just checked the docs and .used can be different between the platforms. Good catch
(2014-02-21, 14:59)MadClicker Wrote: hellow,

Now the numbers jive.

I added your changes to my pull, and hopefully linux disks should now be listed correctly. Thanks!

Crap i had 110% zoom when i worked on the css..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PyTunes (fork of HTPC-Manager)0