• 10(current)
Android New Android KitKat Quad Core CPU/Octocore GPU TV boxes out in 16 days, thoughts?
Do minix claims Netflix will do 1080p on the x8? Will it also pass the dd5.1
Not sure if people are aware but stane83 has released a Linux build for s802 amlogic hardware
Netflix on minix will always be 480p 1750kbps max due to netflix not allowing HD on just any hardware. It needs to go thru a certain validation process for that. The minix representative on their forums has said that netflix has never bothered to repond to their request, so dont keep your hopes up.
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
I'm thinking of buying M8 MX Amlogic Android 4.4 Kitkat Quad Core 4k 5G Wifi TV Box XBMC Media Player. Wifi have a good signal? XBMC already installed that works well? Addons of movies and TV series in HD and SD works well? The picture and sound work well? Do not crash? I will use mainly for watching movies in xbmc. Advise the purchase of this box?

Thanks
If you do make sure you get the beelink one... and also check out the amlinux for it as it makes this box fly
Since a few days I have the tronsmart s89-h. Most things look okay but for me 1 thing is crucial and that is that nextpvr's tv-recordings must be played back okay and that's where the box fails because these ts-files give lots of horizontal tearing on (strong) horizontal panning of the camera and the audio is a bit ahead.

Where should I post to get help on this? If this can't be fixed I want to return the box.

Wim
Hello
I have a box M8 MX Amlogic Android 4.4 Kitkat Quad Core 4 k 5 g Wifi TV Box XBMC Media Player and installed the latest version of xbmc, a nightly Kodi of 29 August. I can watch movies, but I have to have the amcodec off to see image. It turns out that some 720 p movies creep and I saw a forum to enable Libstagefright and so I can see all movies 720 p 1080 p movies, but the box restart. How can I fix this? Being a box amlogic shouldn't have the amcode enabled?
(2014-08-30, 19:46)marcovicen Wrote: Hello
I have a box M8 MX Amlogic Android 4.4 Kitkat Quad Core 4 k 5 g Wifi TV Box XBMC Media Player and installed the latest version of xbmc, a nightly Kodi of 29 August. I can watch movies, but I have to have the amcodec off to see image. It turns out that some 720 p movies creep and I saw a forum to enable Libstagefright and so I can see all movies 720 p 1080 p movies, but the box restart. How can I fix this? Being a box amlogic shouldn't have the amcode enabled?

see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=195484 read to the end post.
Does anybody knows what are the main differencies between Amlogic MX III 2GB and Amlogic M8 2GB?
Which one is better?

Two sample links:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/MX3-MXIII-Amlogic...3ce1be9085

http://www.ebay.de/itm/M8-Amlogic-S802-Q...2ed8809281
(2014-08-25, 21:10)WimKl Wrote: Since a few days I have the tronsmart s89-h. Most things look okay but for me 1 thing is crucial and that is that nextpvr's tv-recordings must be played back okay and that's where the box fails because these ts-files give lots of horizontal tearing on (strong) horizontal panning of the camera and the audio is a bit ahead.

Where should I post to get help on this? If this can't be fixed I want to return the box.

Wim

Hey, saw your post as I'm looking for a S802 box to run mostly XBMC but I need nextPVR to be running well (recordings) as well as live TV via the HD Homerun app. I know this is an old post but it's the only one I could find to address this question that I also have.

Do the latest Kodi/SPMC versions run ok on the S802 (it's with the Mali 450 I think right)? Fell free to PM me.

Thanks!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Android KitKat Quad Core CPU/Octocore GPU TV boxes out in 16 days, thoughts?1