Album fanart?
(2014-04-21, 09:29)Iluz Wrote: Well the whole point of the thread in the first place was to find album-specific fanart, so I gotta keep searching..
For the time being I did figure out a tiring workaround by leaving the "album artist" the same but changing the artist itself to include some invisible letter (for example, "ZAQ" as an album artist will have albums by the artist "ZAQ " and "ZAQ ", and each of these will have their own fanart. But this only lets me display the fanart as a background while highlighting the tracks inside, not while choosing the album itself. I need to figure out if there's a way to display the fanart of the artists inside while browsing albums (and not tracks) instead of the album-artist fanart.

Sorry, I just read your original post. Album-specific fan-art is something very niche. Especially since fan-art for most artists available on the Internet is limited to 2-3 images per artist for most artists. Fanart for albums that would work with Artist Slideshow seems unlikely as there are no sources for these images on fanart.tv or any of the other default sources it uses for images. There aren't enough fans like you on the web that would create separate artist fanart for each album.
Niche as it may be, I have many compilations related to various films, or just singles used as theme song for TV shows, most of them anime. Having matching artwork with each one doesn't seem that odd of an idea in my opinion, especially when some songs are "image songs" that are performed by a voice actor/actress as a character and the effect would be shattered by using pictures of the actual VA.
So I don't need the sources for the images, I just need the option to add them myself without using that fake-artist-name trick.
Bit late to the party (I've only just started using XBMC), but this is a feature I'd love too. It's very annoying when the image on screen shows a completely different lineup to the track you're listening too.

I really don't see how reading album fanart would be any harder than reading artist fanart.
Thought I'd take a look under the hood at the music database.

In the art table there's a column called 'media_type' which has the value of song, album or artist. There's another called 'type' which is either thumb or fanart. Setting an entry to 'album' and 'fanart' for an existing album results in a different backdrop being shown. So adding fanart on an album or even song by song basis is definitely possible. Just needs an add on script to do the dirty work.
It's not quite as easy as that, because add-ons in the official repositories can't access or edit the databases directly - you'd probably need to look for a Json method. And of course, unless you're planning to write it yourself, I suspect you won't find a developer for such a plugin in this part of the forums.
Any news on this?

I would be also really interested in having a specific fanart for each album...
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Same thing.
Have lots of OST albums and not interested to watch the same Hans Zimmer's photo for all albums.
Looking for an easy way to specify fanart for specified albums.
Any news?
Music artwork is undergoing major changes for v18. There is not a lot that skins can do until the underlying core code is changed. You need to read some of the threads in Music forum.

Just noticed this is a three year old thread, which means I am only responding to you @rivera
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Karellen Wrote:Music artwork is undergoing major changes for v18. There is not a lot that skins can do until the underlying core code is changed. You need to read some of the threads in Music forum.
Just noticed this is a three year old thread

I've just started using Kodi and learning its features as well as reading the forum.

I found this topic after googling "album fanart Kodi".
Now I think that this topic not the best way to discuss the "album fanart" feature since it must not relate to some specific skin only, probably it must be implemented "Kodi-wide".

And I am quite surprised that this feature request dated 2014 is still not implemented by our great dev team.
I think this feature is very useful.
No problems.

Head over to music, and you will see a lot of work happening for music in v18.

While there may be dozens of developers working on the video portion of Kodi, there is only one developer working on Music- @DaveBlake He has a tough road to navigate, but he is getting there...

Some threads of interest...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324170
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=310778
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Great job for just one man.
Thanks a lot for pointing me to those threads.
Album specific fanart definitely works ,i tested it personally in Kodi Leia beta 5,for skin Aeon Madnox.every thing works Fanart and Extrafanart for Albums works well.If you are interested i can send the XML mod. I can post images also .I also tried Album specific clearlogo and it works too,this is important for film based soundtracks.
Again asking about ALBUM fanart.

Using 18.4 + default Estuary skin.

What I can do now:
1. Select some album (for example, "The Dark Knight Rises" album).
2. Select "Information" from context menu.
3. Select "Choose art".
4. Select "Add art type".
5. Add new "Fanart" type.
6. Specify some jpg for "Fanart".

Now the selected jpg is displayed when the album is selected in list.
BUT - this fanart is NOT displayed during playback.

Seems only ARTIST fanart is displayed during playback, why?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album fanart?0