• 5(current)
Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread
I have a ~/.asoundrc and XBMC works fine with all audio formats.
With no ~/.asoundrc there is no sound from other applicatios like Spotify and Chrome.
mapping a default device via .asoundrc is no problem at all, but mangeling pcm capabilities is a big one.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:he's innocent, sorry about that. https://github.com/xbmc/XBMCbuntu/commit...627cd700be

@der_magus: please delete /etc/xbmc/setup.d/04-configNVIDIAasoundrc.sh, /etc/xbmc/setup.d/05-configAMDFusionasoundrc.sh and ~/.asoundrc

thx, i tried, but it didn't help.

i got only get PCM Multichannel to work, but still dislocated channels (center at left rear for ex)

further suggestions, or should post logs again ?

regards.

m.
Please post the logs again. If this is ION-1 then the broken mapping is known. That's a driver bug.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-03-24, 21:10)fritsch Wrote: Please post the logs again. If this is ION-1 then the broken mapping is known. That's a driver bug.

ION1 Bug, ok noted.

ok. here we go.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/7147830/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7147835/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7147839/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7147841/
Yes ION-1. Those have a kernel bug since ages. Here in deed you need an alsa config to workaround that issue:

Code:
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave {
        pcm both
    }
}

pcm.both {
    type route
    slave {
        pcm hdmi
    }
       ttable.0.0 1
       ttable.1.1 1
       ttable.2.4 1
       ttable.3.5 1
       ttable.4.2 1
       ttable.5.3 1
}

put that to your $HOME/.asoundrc and reboot

Btw this is only for ION-1 - it introduces a remap table to fix the driver problem.
This ION 1 remap is on wiki and will keep on wiki. Wink thx for confirming it
Hi guys

I normally run a complete desktop setup with xbmc on display :0 and then vncserver on display :1 so that I can vnc in and run apps whilst not affecting xbmc. My old setup was running precise/frodo so now I want to do this with tahr/gotham. I installed this release due to running an AMD GPU and the xbmc side of it seems fine.. thanks for that.

Probably off topic so feel free to tell me to get lost... but is there any advice on running a gnome/unity desktop manager alongside this so I can VNC in? I can't seem to get any window manager going even if I edit my xstartup file.

Cheers!
Its news for me that you need any gnome/unity to vnc anywhere. But this isnt the right topic, so look at vnc realted threads here in forums or somewhere else.
(2014-03-24, 21:37)fritsch Wrote: Yes ION-1. Those have a kernel bug since ages. Here in deed you need an alsa config to workaround that issue:

Code:
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave {
        pcm both
    }
}

pcm.both {
    type route
    slave {
        pcm hdmi
    }
       ttable.0.0 1
       ttable.1.1 1
       ttable.2.4 1
       ttable.3.5 1
       ttable.4.2 1
       ttable.5.3 1
}

put that to your $HOME/.asoundrc and reboot

Btw this is only for ION-1 - it introduces a remap table to fix the driver problem.

no changes. center still from the left rear.

i start thinking about giving my Arctic MC001 a try
der_magnus

look at HOW-TO:Remap_HDMI_audio_on_Gen_1_ION_-_Linux (wiki)
Will a 'sudo do-release-upgrade' upgrade xbmcbuntu 12 to 13?
no not until Trusty thar is released officially if you just want to upgrade xbmc then thers Team XBMC PPA (wiki) othewise release upgrades only work between older and final releases, thar is beta? or rc?
What was XBMCbuntu 12 based on? Was it 12.10 or something.

Doing an upgrade is probably going to have to go through the intermediate releases. Upgrades generally only go release-->release or LTS-->LTS.

You will likely experience breakage if you have to go through too many upgrades to get to thar. I would reinstall from scratch (backing up what you want to keep).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-03-25, 22:13)uNiversal Wrote: Its news for me that you need any gnome/unity to vnc anywhere. But this isnt the right topic, so look at vnc realted threads here in forums or somewhere else.

Well it's not needed per se as vnc is working, but it just gives me a terminal with no desktop manager.
It least you didn't discount the idea that it's possible.. so will try those forums. Thanks

PS.
Is this a "no limitation" install of ubuntu? Meaning I can upgrade it later to the release version of Tahr with apt-get upgrade?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread3