Win Crossover episodes
I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

During season 10 of CSI Las Vegas there were 2 crossover episodes. On the TVDB website these have been added to the CSI NY and CSI Miami pages but not the CSI Las Vegas page. I have been pushing for nearly a year now for these to added the that page so people can add them in XBMC. They are now telling me it's against the rules to add episodes from other shows (I thought that is what most specials were, that are displayed on there website)

If they want to be @#%*&% and act that way, fair enough it's their website. So, is there a way these special episodes can be added to my TV episodes in XBMC manually. Sad
Create your own .nfo (use a wiki TV episode .nfo template) as a special.
(2014-03-21, 01:07)bolter Wrote: I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

During season 10 of CSI Las Vegas there were 2 crossover episodes. On the TVDB website these have been added to the CSI NY and CSI Miami pages but not the CSI Las Vegas page. I have been pushing for nearly a year now for these to added the that page so people can add them in XBMC. They are now telling me it's against the rules to add episodes from other shows (I thought that is what most specials were, that are displayed on there website)

If they want to be @#%*&% and act that way, fair enough it's their website. So, is there a way these special episodes can be added to my TV episodes in XBMC manually. Sad

Has anyone added the 2 crossover episodes to series 10 of CSI Las Vegas in XBMC
If so, can you tell me how you did it. If it was to manually create NFO files for them, can I get a copy of them and also what naming system did you use to get them in the correct spot in the season.

Thank for any help.

Edit: I have created the NFO files, but have one small problem

They only appear in the specials area while in library mode ( cannot workout how to put them in the right season and the right spot in that season)

Edit: All sorted. Had to update Ember Media Manager
First, sorry to pick up an old thread but I've had the same "discussion" / "shouting match" with the admins at thetvdb. Their case comes down to "because" so I'm creating nfo's for the episode info they're taking down.

While I know how to create an nfo for one of these special episodes what I can't figure out is how to input the "aired before" information.

This means I can get the crossover episode to appear under "specials" I can get it to appear in the correct place in the correct season as well.

Is this possible with an nfo?

Thanks in advance.
It should be. I think it's a combo of <displayseason> and <displayepisode> tags, but it's not fully documented on the NFO (wiki) pages yet. I keep meaning to look into that.
(2014-11-18, 02:51)Ned Scott Wrote: It should be. I think it's a combo of <displayseason> and <displayepisode> tags, but it's not fully documented on the NFO (wiki) pages yet. I keep meaning to look into that.

Yeah, I found that and you're right about the documentation not being full. I think I can figure out <displayseason> but the example on the wiki lists the <displayepisode> as 4096 (I think). I just don't know what to make of that.
I'd like to ask some more info about this. If I search this forum or Google for info on how to do crossover episodes in Kodi, I always end up here. This thread hints to the fact that people have solved it, but it doesn't say how.

I have Chicago Fire on my Kodi, which contains some crossover episodes. I've installed both Ember Media Manager and Media Companion but can't really find any option to mark episodes as specials, let alone crossovers.

So how should I go about this?

Currently, I've named my episodes like this:

S04E09
S04E10
S04E10b
S04E10c
S04E11

Notice the 10b and 10c episodes. Those are two crossovers. I've suffixed them with "b" and "c" so that they appear in the correct order in a file browser. But I'd like to have them listed in the correct order with the correct info in Kodi.

Should I edit the nfo files manually and set the displayepisode tags of all episodes? So like this:

S04E09 --> 9
S04E10 --> 10
S04E10b --> 11
S04E10c --> 12
S04E11 --> 13

And should I mark them as a special some how? If so, how?

It seems this is missing from Kodi documentation. If I can get this to work, I'd be willing to write it all down as documentation for others.
Specials I think are generally marked as Season 0, so you'd have to label them as S00E01, S00E02 etc. Or if there's only one, like a Christmas Special S04E00 could be used.
(2020-04-30, 09:57)petermorlion Wrote: It seems this is missing from Kodi documentation.
No its not... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...s_Episodes
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The simplest way is to go to the website of the database that the scraper is using (https://www.themoviedb.org/ or www.thetvdb.com for examples, depending on which scraper you're using) and look up the show and episode that you're trying to fix. That will give you its season and episode number, and those are the ones that you need to use in the file naming and any NFO (wiki) file that may be present.

All the scraper is doing is using that episode number data to go look up and gather the metadata in the site database, so by doing that you ensure that it's looking in the right place.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crossover episodes1