screencast/miracast to xbmc
Hello,

this is my first post in this forum so sorry if i am posting in the wrong section.
I really did a large amount oft google search but i am still not sure.

I am using openelec with xbmc Gotham for the raspberry pi.

Is there really no way to "screencast" the the whole screen of my android tablet to xbmc over wifi? Streaming videos using yatse works fine but i would like to stream the whole screen to xbmc over wifi.

So is this possible or do i have to buy a device like chromecast or a miracast dongle.

Sorry for this noobish question but i have really no idea. So thank you for any input.

Greetings
like http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...3&p=398430?
Thank you for your reply. This looks kind of promising but is not really what i'm looking for.

I want to mirror my android tablet's screen on xbmc. Something like you can do with an iPad and the Apple TV. But it seems like I'm out of luck. Undecided
Anyways thank you.
Here is a link to a "Piracast" development which is already pretty functional. I think it's unlikely it will ever be integrated into XBMC, but I don't see why somebody much smarter than me couldn't figure out how to make it an addon for use with Raspbmc or something. I'd certainly use it.

Piracast development
You've probably figured out by now. Just in case you have not. Make sure AirPlay is checked in settings and you can AirPlay to the pi no problem.

Sometimes mine pi doesn't wake up on its own, so I have to manually wake. Once I do that it shows right up as a device available on my network to AirPlay to. Choose that on my iPad and wallah, I'm watching my video on my tv screen instead.
(2014-12-20, 07:45)greenad89 Wrote: You've probably figured out by now. Just in case you have not. Make sure AirPlay is checked in settings and you can AirPlay to the pi no problem.

Sometimes mine pi doesn't wake up on its own, so I have to manually wake. Once I do that it shows right up as a device available on my network to AirPlay to. Choose that on my iPad and wallah, I'm watching my video on my tv screen instead.

You are using Airplay from an iPad to stream video. What the OP is wanting is a way of fully mirroring the Android 'desktop' to the RPI.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
No airplay mirroring support within kodi (on any platform).
There are some closed source solutions. See here and here.
That went off topic in a hurry. I'd like to know the answer to the opening post.
You have to use the partial solutions outlined in the posts above or get a media device that natively supports Screencast / Miracast in software / firmware.

Screencast / Miracast is not supported in any official XBMC / Kodi releases.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
screencast/miracast to xbmc1