DN2820FYKH or DC3217BY xbmc
(2014-03-23, 20:46)xbs08 Wrote: It has been said in the forum that those adapters work with openelec.
It did when I still had one, that Thunderbold NUC and Apple Lan inteface. Worked well under Windows (7 and 8) and with OE (version I forgot). My son uses it now, I've moving on to Haswell.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Out of interest p750mmx how did the unit handle xbmc openelec? Was it quick in the menus and play everything. You have got me changing my mind again. Is the haswell worth the extra £100 just for xbmc?
I think that the benefits of the Haswell NUCs are USB3 connectivity and accurate 23.976Hz output. If neither of these are important to you - or not worth £100 - then I'd go for the i3 Thunderbolt NUC?

(Most 24p material is actually 23.976Hz, and Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge chips couldn't accurately deliver this refresh rate causing dropped/repeated frames unless you sync playback to the refresh rate and then cope with audio resampling or drop/dupe)
24p material is not that common though is it?
Very very well, can't say otherwise. Although I prefer a Windows as OS but thats because I wanna play Full 3D BR rips and that isn't possible with OE at this moment. You should ask yourself how long you wanna use the item you have in mind. When it is for years to come and you can afford the difference in price, one could consider the extra costs. But I don't know you're budget and I am a bad example because I buy hardware just for testing and I do that quite a lot.

(2014-03-23, 22:48)grimfandango Wrote: 24p material is not that common though is it?
I think it is when I look at my library, quite common.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
It will probably be my main media centre for a few years at least. My last one was bought in 2011 but has been a media centre/ server for the last 2 years and it struggles to do both. I have tried a lot of different android devices and actually like the odroid u2 and ouya but just want something a bit better for the living room.
My budget started at £85 and is now a possible £200 - £250 (you know how it is when buying or building a PC)
I don't want to waste money on something that is over kill and regret it in 2 months but I also don't want it to be sub par leaving me wishing I had spent the extra cash. With the DC3217BY build I am up to £166 all in.
(2014-03-23, 22:48)grimfandango Wrote: 24p material is not that common though is it?

All 1080p movie Blu-rays are 24p, and almost all US TV drama and sitcoms are shot 24p. US Broadcasts and US DVDs of this material will introduce 3:2 repetition to create a 60i or 60p signal but "inverse telecine" (a phrase I hate) will remove this to leave you with 24p.
Thank you to everyone who has replied. I finally ordered the DC3217BY if it is not good enough I can replace it next year and pass it further down the food chain (in to the play room) but there is not much that I own that does not play on the ouya. I have already gone 2 devices higher up than the u3 I initially thought about so I had to draw the line somewhere.
Thank you all again

Liam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DN2820FYKH or DC3217BY xbmc0