• 28(current)
BOX
Actually the only thing I would like to be added is a 3D icon next to the vidéo format (see below) maybe after H.264, at the moment to differentiate them I have to change the poster art to a one with 3D logo on them, which is lot of work.

I see that the skin detect the 3D content before playing so wonder if it could do the same and display a 3D icon on the movie info?

iMac OS X 10.10, ATV3, LG 3D TV, Onkyo Home cinema 5.1,SLICE/OpenELEC/HELIX
I can't find the Live TV on this Box skin, can anyone help me how to get it working? tried for hours but I don't know where to click?
what settings should I change?
(2015-07-25, 03:16)codeseven Wrote: Hi guys. First of all this is the best skin I've come across. Thank you so much for developing this!

As far as my problem, does anyone else have any issues with items not being added to the queue? Example, I hit record on different episodes (each time I hit record it moves to the next item so I know it's being added to the queue in some form) but when I bring up the queue list, it's completely empty. Any help would be great!

Kodi 15
Box 3.2.0

Ah, just posted about this in the bugs thread, so not just me!
I am trying to create a Kids Movie library and have created the home menu item (I now have a movies, kids movies and TV shows home menu icon). However, I don't know how to set the path to the Kids movies folder on my NAS? Its just picking up all the movies in all of the folders on the NAS?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
(2015-09-26, 01:11)martinnz Wrote: I am trying to create a Kids Movie library and have created the home menu item (I now have a movies, kids movies and TV shows home menu icon). However, I don't know how to set the path to the Kids movies folder on my NAS? Its just picking up all the movies in all of the folders on the NAS?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
I believe that Kodi recognizes so movies as movies, so kids movies go in the same list.

What I did was adding the kids movies to a playlist and link the playlist to a pannel in the home menu.

Second thing I did was adding movies to my favorites and them link them to the other panels on the home menu, for quick access.

And for the kinds films showing in my overall movie list. I don't mind about that and just scroll by them. Hoping my daughter won't see the fanart, and demanding to see Bambi. Wink

I hope this helps you Martinnz.
(2015-08-31, 13:39)cecemf Wrote: Actually the only thing I would like to be added is a 3D icon next to the vidéo format (see below) maybe after H.264, at the moment to differentiate them I have to change the poster art to a one with 3D logo on them, which is lot of work.

I see that the skin detect the 3D content before playing so wonder if it could do the same and display a 3D icon on the movie info?

I would like to see 3d-icons too. Esspecially in the fanart view.
So you don't know of anyway to assign a folder of movies to a home menu icon? I have a NAS with 3 folders, Movies, Kids Movies and TV. I would like to have 3 home menu items pointing to these 3 folders, but I just cant seem to find an option to be able to do this? Does this skin not allow this configuration?

(2015-09-26, 01:43)cjvanzwol Wrote:
(2015-09-26, 01:11)martinnz Wrote: I am trying to create a Kids Movie library and have created the home menu item (I now have a movies, kids movies and TV shows home menu icon). However, I don't know how to set the path to the Kids movies folder on my NAS? Its just picking up all the movies in all of the folders on the NAS?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
I believe that Kodi recognizes so movies as movies, so kids movies go in the same list.

What I did was adding the kids movies to a playlist and link the playlist to a pannel in the home menu.

Second thing I did was adding movies to my favorites and them link them to the other panels on the home menu, for quick access.

And for the kinds films showing in my overall movie list. I don't mind about that and just scroll by them. Hoping my daughter won't see the fanart, and demanding to see Bambi. Wink

I hope this helps you Martinnz.
@martinnz
Your comment got me thinking.

My solution works for me, but for how long. Kids grow up fast and change their preference more often as day and night change.
If my daughter now wants to watch an extra movie of show, I need to manually change the favorites and tiles on homescreen, or add the shoe to the playlist.

There should be automatic way be developed by now. So I googled and found these links:

Filtering/categories/nodes
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1260435
http://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_video_nodes
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=190526

Profiles
http://kodi.wiki/view/Profiles

I have not tried them myself, but I will (when my daughter is finished watching Miffy The Movie). And give my feedback after.
Thanks cjvanzwol.

I will take a look at the links you have found (didn't find anything myself). I find it easier to have a separate folder for the kids as I can manage the access easier and ensure they aren't watching anything inappropriate. The best way I have found to do this is to do separate the movies into folder and manage permissions at the windows level. I spent some more time tonight playing with the config and cant even access the smb:// NAS locations when trying to configure a custom folder so don't think the skin is going to work for me. I love the simplicity and look but I don't think it will work for me.
Thanks cjvanzwol. Had a good read of this information and will play with this today. However, I don't see a lot of these options with BOX so don't think you can use custom video nodes and smart playlists so I guess I am looking for another skin to try and configure if I want to do this.
Well I've done some setting up my library. And Videos Node seem RT works in BOX.

I've installed the Video Node Editor. Got some getting used to, but I created a node with a rule that contains my daughters name.
I also added a rule to the standard movie library node.

To add the newly created or change nodes, I still had to add is to the favorites and then add it to the homescreentiles.

The only thing I could not change was the default movie list in BOX. It seems that it always displays all movies.
I could not find a setting to change this list. Can anyone clarify this for me?

I still like these new found options, so I will stay with this method for now. Instead of adding manual labels.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sorry to have not looked at this before, Im too busy with my job these days. This is actually really easy.

1- Create a smart playlist
2.- Add a Rule - > Match Items Where "PATH" - "Contains" - and browse to your Folder location
3 - Use the created playlist,, to create a cutom item on the home menu, this may be a custom tile, a custom main menu or a custom widget

3a - Custom Tile -> Under skin -> settings -> customize home menu -> Selec a tile, and then select the Swiss Arm Knife Icon, to create a custom tile, based on the playlist
3b - Custom Widget - Under skin -> settings -> customize home menu -> select Menu widget - > select Custom Movies -Y give it a name tha will be displayed on the home screen, and then select the smart playlist.

ps: If you want to creat a widget for Recent Kids Movies, simply make a smart playlist identicalas before, but add an additional Rule for choosing the movies recently added. then follow the same steps as previouslydescribed
(2015-09-22, 00:26)Eazy-E Wrote: I can't find the Live TV on this Box skin, can anyone help me how to get it working? tried for hours but I don't know where to click?
what settings should I change?

Hi

You have to add a menu for Live TV.

Per default Menu 4 is configured for Live TV, however only menus 1 to 3 are enabled per default.

If you want to enable additional menus, go to skin->setting-> customize Home menu, and enable any menus as you like.
(2015-09-25, 21:33)Kevo Wrote:
(2015-07-25, 03:16)codeseven Wrote: Hi guys. First of all this is the best skin I've come across. Thank you so much for developing this!

As far as my problem, does anyone else have any issues with items not being added to the queue? Example, I hit record on different episodes (each time I hit record it moves to the next item so I know it's being added to the queue in some form) but when I bring up the queue list, it's completely empty. Any help would be great!

Kodi 15
Box 3.2.0

Ah, just posted about this in the bugs thread, so not just me!

Will check this out
I also have a wish. Not very important, but I thought I could still report my thoughts.

When pausing of buffering, there is an overlay with text. I like this very much, but it is nearly readable.

Could the opacity of the text be a bit tweaked, so I can see the writing better?
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BOX17