• 3(current)
BOX
(2014-03-29, 23:12)Lionverse Wrote: Oops scratch that... I'm just a dummy and didn't have use visualizations turned on(though it was coming on when the info bar was there).

So looks great and works great! Future support for CD art and Artist Slideshow would be rad.

Thanks again!

Hi lionverse,

what where you exactly seeing? The skin usually displays the artist fanart, but if no fanart is available then it displays a slideshow of color backgrounds, Is this the visualization you meant?

cdart is supported , you need to have a file called cdart.png in the same folder where the music file is located.

The skin also supports artist extrafanart, the path to the artist fanart needs to be set under appearance -> skin->settings. If yo have images of your artist organized correctly you will se a slideshow of the artist fanart. Or did yo mean the Artist Slideshow Add-On?

The way the artist fanart works in the skin is:

1. Display artist fanart from Artists extrafanart folder, if not available then...
2. Display artist fanart from the file fanart.jpg stored in the same location of the music file, if nothing is there then...
3. Display the artist fanart saved in the music library database, if nothing is there...
4. Show a slideshow of color backgrounds

(2014-03-30, 00:42)Watts Wrote:
(2014-03-29, 14:26)DjCisco Wrote:
(2014-03-28, 13:39)Watts Wrote: Another issue found (Gotham) you cannot choose/download subtitles, when you push up or down on the remote, it just skips through the video.

You can't select subtitles from the list...

Does the solution from mvanderberg solve your issue? Or do you have another issue?

The Gotham Subtitle support I implemented is kind of a quick fix. As I mentioned in the first post I am currently developing for frodo. But wanted to have a Gotham download available just for users to test. I will address Gotham Issues after finishing the Frodo version. The Gotham version however should have working subtitles. So let me know if the problem persists

Nope it still just skips backwards=left/forwards=right button, same problem when paused you cannot choose any buttons, it just skips through the vid.

ok I will check this. Regarding the behaviour with the pause button, its because the Video Info is displayed when pausing but the Video OSD isnt, I will add that.
Hi Community,

I have updated the skin. Mainly some Bug corrections that have been reported and changes to the home screen widgets and fanart.

Go to the first post for download links and details
(2014-03-30, 13:21)DjCisco Wrote: Hi Community,

I have updated the skin. Mainly some Bug corrections that have been reported and changes to the home screen widgets and fanart.

Go to the first post for download links and details

Very cool brother! Keep up the great work!
(2014-03-30, 01:20)DjCisco Wrote: Hi lionverse,

what where you exactly seeing? The skin usually displays the artist fanart, but if no fanart is available then it displays a slideshow of color backgrounds, Is this the visualization you meant?

The skin also supports artist extrafanart, the path to the artist fanart needs to be set under appearance -> skin->settings. If yo have images of your artist organized correctly you will se a slideshow of the artist fanart. Or did yo mean the Artist Slideshow Add-On?

Yes I'm getting the artists fanart and using the waveform visualization over that. The odd thing that was happening was that before I realized that the "use visualization" setting was off, when fullscreen would first kick on the visualization would come on too, then after a minute the info bar would lower off screen and the waveform visualization would freeze but stay there. With the "use visualization" setting on it works fine, the info bar stays on screen and the waveform works too.

Yes I use the Artist Slideshow Add-On with other skins and would love if you had support for that too but I totally understand that being low on your list of things to do.

(2014-03-30, 01:20)DjCisco Wrote: cdart is supported , you need to have a file called cdart.png in the same folder where the music file is located.

That is working fine too. I think I played a couple in a row that I don't have CD art for and I'm used to the blank fallback disc. I think I like how you don't use the fallback image there but it caught me off guard.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and for the great skin!
I've installed the skin yesterday and i really like it Smile !
I'm using it on a Raspberry Pi with RaspBMC, so i'm on Frodo for the next few days (update to Gotham is coming soon apparently)
I like the solution with the 3 button on the top left, looks quite nice.
Of course I have some small things that I noticed Tongue

In my opinion:
1. The placement of the time/date on the right looks better if its aligned with the right side of the art below (like a poster in TV show).
2. The arrow indicating the other options on the left is quite big/crude. A smaller, more subtle arrow might be nice.
3. The indicator of what show is on the recent/recommended widget is quite hard to read (it's white with a small semi-transparant back ground), perhaps that could be the same color as stuff that is selected (limegreen) or the background could be black (so not semi-transparant).
4. I would like to be able to use fanart backgrounds in the libraries, but not on the home screen. Now it is either everywhere or nowhere. Perhaps you could add this option?
5. In the subtitle add-on you can't see if the subtitle is for hearing-impaired (HI), you can only see the language. I would like to be able to see the HI sigh next to the language.

Hopefully you understand/agree with my remarks, but as always: please decide for yourself, it is your skin!

I'll keep using this skin, it has a quite high WAF Big Grin
Tested it and everything seems to be working great now!

Thank you for your hard work!
(2014-03-31, 16:48)Smobbo Wrote: In my opinion:
1. The placement of the time/date on the right looks better if its aligned with the right side of the art below (like a poster in TV show).
2. The arrow indicating the other options on the left is quite big/crude. A smaller, more subtle arrow might be nice.
3. The indicator of what show is on the recent/recommended widget is quite hard to read (it's white with a small semi-transparant back ground), perhaps that could be the same color as stuff that is selected (limegreen) or the background could be black (so not semi-transparant).
4. I would like to be able to use fanart backgrounds in the libraries, but not on the home screen. Now it is either everywhere or nowhere. Perhaps you could add this option?
5. In the subtitle add-on you can't see if the subtitle is for hearing-impaired (HI), you can only see the language. I would like to be able to see the HI sigh next to the language.

Hopefully you understand/agree with my remarks, but as always: please decide for yourself, it is your skin!

WAF jajaja I didnt knew that term.

So to your remarks/requests:

1. Not possible. Time and date are displayed on the same place throughout the skin, but the different windows and views do not have there right most art aligned in the same place, so if time and date where to be aligned with tv shows, it would not be aligned with albums for example and so on.

2. Actually my prefered solution would be to have no arrow at all. To actually let the menu have a hidden character, but people seem to want the hint. I will see of I find some alternative.(ideas are welcome)

3. Yes. I understand . maybe making it black will do the trick. I will try it out and see if I like it.

4. Yes. It would be a nice feature I will add it.

5. I dont know if this information is provided in order for the skin to display it? You have seen this on another skin? Which one?
(2014-03-31, 19:28)DjCisco Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 16:48)Smobbo Wrote: In my opinion:

WAF jajaja I didnt knew that term.

So to your remarks/requests:

1. Not possible. Time and date are displayed on the same place throughout the skin, but the different windows and views do not have there right most art aligned in the same place, so if time and date where to be aligned with tv shows, it would not be aligned with albums for example and so on.

2. Actually my prefered solution would be to have no arrow at all. To actually let the menu have a hidden character, but people seem to want the hint. I will see of I find some alternative.(ideas are welcome)

3. Yes. I understand . maybe making it black will do the trick. I will try it out and see if I like it.

4. Yes. It would be a nice feature I will add it.

5. I dont know if this information is provided in order for the skin to display it? You have seen this on another skin? Which one?

Tnx for your reply!

For 2., you might just show a thin lime green arrow, not very intrusive, but still clear that you can click left.
For 5., most skins show it, often with an ear logo. So I think it is something that you can display based on a certain parameter. I can't seem to go to the wiki of the skinning engine at the moment? so I don't know what the parameter is.

Oh, and WAF is 'wife acceptance factor' Wink
Hi,

First off thanks for the development of box and all the hard work. It's my favorite skin so far and look forward to the updates. I do have a few suggestions:

1. More prominent notifications or at least an option. I built some notifications such as my home phone ringing and would like to see them a bit bigger on the screen if possible. Also, I'm not sure if images are incorporated as I've still not got then to work. Not sure if it's a problem with my script though

2. Disable the color filter to fanart on the backgrounds. It looks quite washed out when using the theme color to the background

3. Is it possible for the Info button work from homepage on movie or episode? Not sure if this is skin or xbmc but I find I rarely click on a movie or episode from the main screen. I generally like to watch a preview or see the synopsis.

4. TV guide addon integration. I like to see what episodes are airing on tv. Several skins use this add-on

5. The latest update broke my favorite way to scrub through a video. I usually press direction left or right but now the Info screen appears and I have to wait for it to go before I can skip another 30secs or whatever the interval is.

That's about all I can think of for now. Once again. Thanks for a great skin mod!
(2014-04-02, 20:30)jer78 Wrote: 2. Disable the color filter to fanart on the backgrounds. It looks quite washed out when using the theme color to the background

I would love if you could choose the text color and the background overlay color independently from each other.
(2014-03-26, 22:05)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Any plans for Tablet support? I really think the only thing needed would be universal 'back' and 'home' buttons.

If I am not mistaken , I think it is possible for the skin to ask on which platform xbmc is running, iIn case it is so , I will make the skin add button when on those platforms
(2014-04-02, 21:30)DjCisco Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 22:05)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Any plans for Tablet support? I really think the only thing needed would be universal 'back' and 'home' buttons.

If I am not mistaken , I think it is possible for the skin to ask on which platform xbmc is running, iIn case it is so , I will make the skin add button when on those platforms

You can check to see the status of "Mouse and touchscreen support" in Settings and show the touch controls them when this is enabled. That is what I do with my skin.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

(2014-04-02, 20:30)jer78 Wrote: 1. More prominent notifications or at least an option. I built some notifications such as my home phone ringing and would like to see them a bit bigger on the screen if possible. Also, I'm not sure if images are incorporated as I've still not got then to work. Not sure if it's a problem with my script though

Images were not enabled in the notifications, this has now been corrected images for info, warning and error will now show. Regarding bigger notifications , I will think about it,

(2014-04-02, 20:30)jer78 Wrote: 2. Disable the color filter to fanart on the backgrounds. It looks quite washed out when using the theme color to the background

Yes it looks better, its Done.

(2014-04-02, 20:30)jer78 Wrote: 3. Is it possible for the Info button work from homepage on movie or episode? Not sure if this is skin or xbmc but I find I rarely click on a movie or episode from the main screen. I generally like to watch a preview or see the synopsis.

I dont think thats possible.

(2014-04-02, 20:30)jer78 Wrote: 4. TV guide addon integration. I like to see what episodes are airing on tv. Several skins use this add-on

Do you meen Tv-Guide addon for live tv or tTvShow-NextAired addon that shows you the tv guide for the next episodes of the tv shows in your library?
Either way I will see how complex this is, so if I decide to do it I may be at the very end.
p.s next pdate will have TvTunes playback support

(2014-04-02, 20:30)jer78 Wrote: 5. The latest update broke my favorite way to scrub through a video. I usually press direction left or right but now the Info screen appears and I have to wait for it to go before I can skip another 30secs or whatever the interval is.

Checked it and has been fixed, wait for next update

(2014-04-02, 22:01)ZexisStryfe Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 21:30)DjCisco Wrote:

You can check to see the status of "Mouse and touchscreen support" in Settings and show the touch controls them when this is enabled. That is what I do with my skin.

thanks for the hint, that will work
Sorry, I meant the TV Show - Next Aired add-on
(2014-03-30, 01:20)DjCisco Wrote: The skin also supports artist extrafanart, the path to the artist fanart needs to be set under appearance -> skin->settings. If yo have images of your artist organized correctly you will se a slideshow of the artist fanart. Or did yo mean the Artist Slideshow Add-On?

So I downloaded a bunch of extrafanart and it works great while in fullscreen playback but now it is using the extrafanart (and only the extrafanart) when scrolling through artists menu rather than the main fanart.jpg in the artist's folder. Is there a way to only use the main fanart in the artist's menu? I have hundreds of hand picked or custom fanarts and only want those in the menus but the extrafanart during playback.

Also on the music panel of the home screen I swapped my album and artists buttons. Maybe its just me but I use the artists menu 99.9% of the time so I prefer it on the large top button.

Thanks again
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BOX17