NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2
The sporadic playback issues are very suspect, and lend credence to the theory that this is ultimately just an issue with stale mounts. Is *all* of your testing via wireless connections, or has this ever happened with a wired connection? If thats the case, I would think going back to libnfs 1.6.3 for Gotham now is the way to go, as we're likely looking at simple tweaking of some nature. If its a simple network issue, tweaks would be reasonable to include in 13.1 or later releases etc and soforth.

To let you in on my thought process, I'm thinking (and suspected from the beginning, which is why I was testing with stale mounts earlier) that the newer libnfs may have different cache/timeout/behavior that simply makes it more likely to have issues in the event of a poor network connection. Personally, my entire house is wired (3500 sq. ft.), so if this is the case, it makes sense that I've never ran into the issue -- I rarely use wireless (which is mostly available for embedded devices and the like, where wired isn't an option).

Also -- I'd call that a medium sized library, based on no data whatsoever (Personally, I roll with a 21TB media server / 500 movies / 500 TV shows). Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2 - by garretn - 2014-03-27, 01:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 20