NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2
Sorry brazen1, the artwork comments and some details on this issue were/are split with another thread -- this was my fault.

Basically the issue as it stands is in Beta 1, libnfs was upgraded to version 1.6.1. With this version came the problems of randomly removing items (up to the entire library) on NFS shares, along with double entries when adding back items that were removed as a result of this issue. As a result of these problems, in builds newer then Beta2 libnfs was downgraded (for windows only!) back to the previous version which fixed the removed+duplicate items issues, but introduced the artwork issue.

For artwork, there is actually rhyme and reason to what's missing -- basically, any artwork that XBMC has to pull from an NFS share would be missing, and anything that was either already cached -- remembering that it only pulls this stuff *the first time* from the actual NFS share (with some exceptions that aren't terribly relevant) -- or simply not pulled from the NFS shares (remote images from online scrapers) will show fine.

The issue we're working on is the original issue, with libnfs 1.6.1 and the library problems. The artwork issue is a transient problem caused by a broken fix, so will simply go away once we resolve the original problem. The reports seem to indicate that the 1.6.1 problem is primarily an issue with windows-based NFS servers, however we've only two reported cases of that. I also use the windows XBMC build, but use a linux server on the back-end -- which so far hasn't shown any issues cleaning the library. Likewise, it's simply possible that I just haven't run into the issue yet. Bossanova808 did some testing that seems to indicate its not just Hanewin also, but afaik, still Windows.

I'd *really* like to know if anyone has the problem with a linux server as the backend.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2 - by garretn - 2014-03-27, 15:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 20