NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2
garretn, I doubtless am not alone in hoping you get to the bottom of this. I'm a hardware-leaning sort of PC geek, but 99.5% of my knowledge/experience is with Windows (Right back to about '92-'93). I know very little about Linux. I know enough to do basic maintenance of my ReadyNAS devices over SSH, but that's my limit.

To the point... I've been using NFS on Frodo for the past 12 months. I switched over to it at that time, as back them I was using a Wireless adapter with my HTPC and access latency / overall throughput was a bit lacking (Wireless-G back then). I've since dabbled with Powerline, Powerline AV-500, a Wired connection to a Netgear WNCE4004 Wireless Acces Point/Bridge and now a D-Link DAP1522/B Wireless-N (300) Access Point / Bridge. The router is a WNDR3200 (Also Wireless-N 300 AFAIK).

I've not 'seen' issues with library files going AWOL as far as i've noticed, what I have witnessed on Frodo is problems with cdART Manager sometimes not saving files it downloads back to the NAS (CD artwork, folder.jpgs, fanart / etc) evidenced by blank areas when it shows you downloaded art at the end of a run. At the time I put this down to permissions on some of the folders on the NAS not being set properly by some of the apps in use outside of XBMC <cough!>Headphones</cough!> so put that issue down to this. The thing being when I did get a blank image post cdART Manager run, on that system, usually it was 1-2 images, tops.

Likewise in Beta 1 (albeit for the limited amount of time I was playing around with it before Beta 2) I was getting multiple entries for the same album, like has been mentioned in this thread, but again I put that down to some albums having tracks that were extras, or that release I have not having been uploaded to MusicBrainz. Corrected two entries for two CD's I own just this week to correct issues like this.

But Since Beta 2, no artwork over 300*300px (approx) for the Music Library would load. About 80% of the entire library had no artwork. But, some of it was working. Funny thing is, all the backdrops / thumbnails, and poster art for Movies was working fine. But then again, having done a clean install, this may well have been because of Artwork Downloader / tinyMediaManager is/was using remote links for artwork in the nfo files for Movies / TV rather than the local files. I didn't think to check. Now i'm back on SMB since it looked like NFS being a long-term breakage. That's been the sum total of my experiences up till this point.

I will point out that I was using a MySQL Db also running on the NAS through the Eden-Frodo period. But the additions to Gotham make library scraping so terminally slow over MySQL, i've disabled this too now. The convienience of not having to update 3+ installs manually was being severely offset by the length of time required for a single scan to complete (12 hours+ for 25,000 track library or thereabouts). Movies are/were still as swift as they've always been with local nfo files, and not really too shabby (even with MySQL) using remote info.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2 - by gibxxi - 2014-03-28, 00:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 20