• 5(current)
NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2
@patseguin there is no fix yet, so I believe the current plan is "it is what it is". Hopefully we'll come up with something and it would go from there.

What do you mean by can't access media? That wasn't one of the reported issues, the reported issues -- depending on libnfs version -- are:

- Missing Artwork (libnfs 1.3)
- Library erroneously removing videos during cleaning (Just from the library, as does normal cleaning) (libnfs 1.6)
- Library adding duplicates (libnfs 1.6)

With both versions you should be able to actually access/play your media, however.
I have 2 OE boxes set up connected to SQL and the sources are NFS. I copied the advancedsettings to a Windows install and all the movie and TV show art showed up but when I tried to play something, it told me it no longer existed in the library and did I want to delete it. I figured that was because it was set up with NFS shares.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
^ plus one. I just want to be able to play the files. don't care about missing artwork as I only use the windows xbmc to test and hopefully a scraper for my slower xbmc boxes hooked to the TV.
AFAIK, your files not working aren't known issues.

Which Beta are you two using, which libnfs (just say if its the one bundled with the install, or what), the NFS server type, etc.

Just to be sure, you're using NFS from *within* XBMC, and not something like locally mounted NFS shares right? Also, does playing the videos *not through library mode* work?
I tried this and everything works now, I can mark it as read only so its not a big issue but I'd rather just give select access rather then read only to everyone.

I'm using Windows server 2012 with the NFS role installed, no third party installs on server or client, just native windows stuff. Using libnfs that came with beta 2.

I created a new user on the server with user/pass as "xbmc" and gave the share read rights but if I removed the "everyone" group the share breaks again, so anyone have any ideas what user i might need to create? My windows user is also in the permissions list.

EDIT: beta 3 now and still working with the above.
@pasteguin this is really all about windows NFS issues - OE should (I believe) be fine. What's your issue?

(sorry, didn't see the last few posts, forgot to reload page!)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
My issue is that I use SQL and made my sources nfs. I installed xbmc on my PC to make it my main scraper but it won't see any media. Actually, it give me art for all the movies and tv shows but it tells me the file is missing when I try to play it. I figure this is because my SQL database is set up with nfs shares.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
@patseguin it sounds like your issue might just be a general-use issue with windows nfs (as a client, you still haven't said what your server is unless I missed it -- which is very possible!), did you have working NFS (in windows) in Frodo 12.1 or Frodo 12.2? NFS, as a client, should be working perfectly fine in those versions.
@patseguin try what I posted it worked for me as I was n the same boat. Oddly you need to give everyone read access on the folder via smb share. As soon as I did that my windows PC's started to work. You still need nfs permissions for xbmc but also smb access.
I use a Synology server and NFS worked fine in Frodo. The Windows install is showing all art like all the media is there but it says the files are missing. I'll try what jebise said. It's not a huge issue since I use OE but I kind of wanted to use my Windows station as a scraper. I'm guessing I have to rebuild the sql database using smb shares or try what jebise said.
@Memphiz @garretn

I managed to build xbmc last night, but not libnfs

I checked out the hyper branch of oncrpc but can't find the project your notes mention - I am being dumb but which file specifically should I open in Visual Studio, or should I be building via batch/command line? (I am not sure what a VS Shell is?)

If I can build two both I can probably remind myself how printf works and get some real logging going on over the weekend...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
@bossanova808

I had the same problem, the readme for building it doesn't work near as I can tell. The link Memphiz sent earlier in the thread is what you need, grab the copy of libnfs from here:

https://github.com/Memphiz/libnfs/tree/6...7b89596dd9

On that page, click the "Download Zip" link in the side bar and extract it somewhere, and open the solution in the win32/libnfs directory. Once open, either build libnfs directly or simply "rebuild solution" -- all but 2 of them will fail to build, or at least they did for me. Luckily, the ones that build are the ones you need -- you should end up with a compiled libnfs.dll.

Now, I did check that out beside oncrpc like the instructions say, and built that, but I'm unsure if it was actually required or not like the readme says. If I remember, I had to use the batch file (and remember, you need to use the visual studio command prompt to run it from, not the standard windows one!) to compile it.
Ok thanks, will try tonight - but where do I get to the VS command prompt? I couldn't immediately find it...
Nevermind - found the VC shell

Ok, fingers crossed I will get there - yeah does not seem like the oncrpc is needed (although I did build that). I have a libnfs.dll (presumably the same as the one from beta1).

Now, to google printf and remind myself what working the dark ages with compile languages was like Wink

@Memphiz - any particular tips on what to print out where? NFS.cpp in xbmc, but also within libnfs - basically, what can I print out that will make it known what the issue with sumping and/or artwork actually is?

I will slog away on my own but if you have tips...much appreciated!!
It's stat(). Just do a grep for stat() and printf() all over the show Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 20