Release Foscam HD - Video feed with camera controls, and motion/sound detection preview
I created an add-on for Foscam HD cameras. It's designed as a baby monitor system for my baby daughter but it should also be useful for other purposes like security. It's a work in progress but it has the features I need and perhaps other Foscam owners will find it useful as it is.

Install
Install from my repository. It's under "Program add-ons".
XBMC 13 (Gotham) is required.
I’ll probably submit it to the official repository once it’s had more testing.

Source
https://github.com/LS80/script.foscam.git

Summary
If motion or sound is detected a small image preview will slide onto the screen. Pressing select will stop any playing media and open the main video feed with basic controls for pan/tilt and mirror/flip. Exit with the back button or click the close control, and the previously playing file will resume.

watch gallery

I tested with a FI9821W V2 that I use as a baby monitor but it should work with any of the HD range, so anything with a model number starting with FI98.

I tested on OpenELEC (Linux), Windows 8, and Android, but it should work on all platforms.

Try it out using Foscam’s demo cameras, e.g.

Host: 50.197.211.181
Port: 9821 (motion detection enabled) or 9822 (motion not enabled)
Username: user
Password: foscam

(It is not possible to mirror or flip either demo camera)

It seems that the latest firmware requires administrator privileges to get the device status so the demo cameras will no longer work with this add-on.

You must use an administrator account for this add-on to work.

Map a remote button to easily run the main video feed on demand e.g. <blue>XBMC.RunAddon(script.foscam)</blue>

Credit for the initial idea goes to this thread.

Questions/comments/suggestions are welcome.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...

Messages In This Thread
Foscam HD - Video feed with camera controls, and motion/sound detection preview - by Leopold - 2014-03-26, 19:37
RE: Foscam HD - by George - 2014-03-27, 17:30
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foscam HD - Video feed with camera controls, and motion/sound detection preview1