• 3(current)
Release Foscam HD - Video feed with camera controls, and motion/sound detection preview
(2014-05-02, 16:46)Leopold Wrote: rtsp://user:password@ip:port/videoMain

You can try this url in a .strm file and see if XBMC can play it.

Hi,

nope this ain´t working.

Found out that the following in a .strm file will work
rtsp://user:[email protected]:554/11

But I still can´t get your add on to work Sad
Even Security Cam Overlay does not.

Any help apreciated

greetings from Germany
(2014-05-04, 08:39)Piet Mosh Wrote:

That's doesn't look like a Foscam url. This addon only works with Foscam HD cameras such as the FI9821W.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2014-05-04, 16:41)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 08:39)Piet Mosh Wrote:

That's doesn't look like a Foscam url. This addon only works with Foscam HD cameras such as the FI9821W.

thats weird Smile

As I mentioned in my first Post, I own a Foscam HD FI9820W
Maybe it´s tooo old?
thnx
After doing a search on the Foscam forum it seems that model does have a different interface to the newer HD cameras Sad
Lucky me, I guess Wink

Ok. I will Change it to a 9820W V2 an come back Wink

thnx anyway
Piet
Love this! This is brilliant! We are those weirdo parents with Foscams watching the babies sleep, so this has saved me tons of frantic parents moments; especially when you think they've fallen out of bed.

Curious, how hard would it be to trigger the preview from button. I've got a button of the remote triggering the full add-on via CEC, but I think a quick (faster) pop-up would be fine, and only use the full add-on when necessary.

Ideas? Possible?
I would love to see support for the FI8910W as well.

(2014-04-01, 23:13)Sephiroth Wrote: Absolutely amazing!! been messing about with scripts and playlists to get a live feed from our nursery.

I have the FI8910w and will be upgrading to HD ones soon but the add-on doesn't want to connect. will this only work with the FI98 models. if so whats the difference win the connection between the 2?

Thanks and again great work!!

(2014-04-02, 15:35)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 23:13)Sephiroth Wrote: I have the FI8910w and will be upgrading to HD ones soon but the add-on doesn't want to connect. will this only work with the FI98 models. if so whats the difference win the connection between the 2?

Yes at the moment it only works with the HD models because the API is different. I could probably get it working with the FI89 models, it's just a case of finding the equivalent commands in the docs.
(2014-05-10, 01:41)tssrshot Wrote: Curious, how hard would it be to trigger the preview from button. I've got a button of the remote triggering the full add-on via CEC, but I think a quick (faster) pop-up would be fine, and only use the full add-on when necessary.

Ideas? Possible?
I would need to make some changes to enable this, but it's definitely possible. I'll look into it.
I appreciate it. I didn't want to sound like one of this demanding Forum monkeys. Just thought you'd have an idea if its possible from your coding structure. I've got one of those great test environments: a wife who uses it most. I find bugs and questions faster than a power-user. Smile

Do you know, since I am asking questions, does the MJPEG portion work differently in any way(video processing wise)? Im not a video coding type, but I can see the MJPEG models only differ (coding wise) in the CGI API they use. I translated some of the commands in a few minutes, but haven't had time to package it up and install it (without interrupting a working unit). I haven't delved too much into how the video is processed, but I am thinking RTSP doesn't change between models, just the CGI commands. Just trying to answer the above questions. If thats true, then its merely a difference in Add-on for MJPEG models and H-264 models (the latest updates seem to align the CGI commands to those two categories.).
I agree about the wife test environment Smile. I was happy to access the baby camera via a .strm file but my wife wanted to get back to her TV shows without going through the menus again, so that's how this started.

The MJPEG models do have a completely different CGI API and the responses are in a completely different format. Also, they do not support RTSP. The FI8910 demo video feed is at http://50.197.211.181:8910/videostream.c...pwd=foscam.
Hi there!

I've been using this addon for a few weeks and I must say I love it! The only problem I have is that since the update to the latest firmware 2.11.1.10 for the 9821W V2 the picture stays black? Only the small warning picture comes in screen but the large video stream keeps black? Who can help me out on this?

Also as a babyfoon this model has very poor mic onboard which results in very low volume on XBMC. Is it possible to boost the audio volume x2 or build in an option to control the volume yourself?

Thanks for the great work!!!
(2014-05-22, 10:34)Chivato Wrote: I've been using this addon for a few weeks and I must say I love it! The only problem I have is that since the update to the latest firmware 2.11.1.10 for the 9821W V2 the picture stays black? Only the small warning picture comes in screen but the large video stream keeps black? Who can help me out on this?
I haven't updated to the latest firmware yet and this makes me reluctant to try it! I don't think it's possible to downgrade the firmware. Have you tried viewing the stream in vlc? I did see a line in the release notes about improvements to RTSP so it's possible that something was broken.

(2014-05-22, 10:34)Chivato Wrote: Also as a babyfoon this model has very poor mic onboard which results in very low volume on XBMC. Is it possible to boost the audio volume x2 or build in an option to control the volume yourself?
I've also noticed the low volume but I'm not aware of anything I can do to improve it.

(2014-05-22, 10:34)Chivato Wrote: Thanks for the great work!!!
I'm glad you like it.
Hi Leopold,

The streams works perfectly on Android and iPad apps and also from within Windows or Chrome like before. Only this addon gives a black screen after the firmware update. I don't use VLC so couldn't test that.

On our Android phone we have installed Tiny Cam Pro. In this app it's possible to boost the volume up to 300%. I'm not a programmer so don't know if it is possible or not to implement in your addon.

Thanks for looking into this.
Quick update!

Just installed the previous firmware from april and now everything works again. So the problem is for 100% related to the new firmware release.

Hope you can get this fixed. But for now I'm happy with the older firmware.
I just updated to the latest firmware and I don't have a black screen. Maybe try reinstalling the latest firmware?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foscam HD - Video feed with camera controls, and motion/sound detection preview1