Release Foscam HD - Video feed with camera controls, and motion/sound detection preview
(2014-11-13, 12:15)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-11-10, 05:05)freddy12 Wrote:
(2014-11-09, 20:29)Leopold Wrote: Actually there's no lag on the movement of the camera. The camera responds to the commands instantly, you just won't see the movement instantly because of the video lag.

Makes sense. I didn't think about that, any luck with this mystery lag

An interesting thing happened this morning. I moved the camera and saw the effect almost instantly, i.e. there was almost zero video lag. I was running a very recent build of master on Linux. After a while I saw a buffering progress message which introduced a lag. Unfortunately the next time I started the addon I had a lag again. I am not using any advancedsettings. Can anyone else reproduce this zero lag using a recent build?

This leads me to believe that the lag is not from the camera and there may be some hope of eliminating it on the client side, assuming a sufficient network speed.

Intresting! Ordered my camera last night after our anatomy scan went fine Smile I will start testing as soon as I get it.
I also ordered http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029M...UTF8&psc=1 to see if it helps with the audio, I am really intrested in building the circuit preamp mic I mentioned earlier, but not sure if time would allow.

As for the rtsp lag, are you referring to xbmc latest build or the OS where xbmc is running?
Can you try the rtsp link outside xbmc, using ffmpeg or VLC to see if the lag exists?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Foscam HD - by George - 2014-03-27, 17:30
RE: Foscam HD - Video feed with camera controls, and motion/sound detection preview - by danillll - 2014-11-13, 18:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foscam HD - Video feed with camera controls, and motion/sound detection preview1