Rip CDs and get album covers
Hi,

when ripping a CD in Kodi, it stores them with some default/dummy images. So: what do I have to do to let Kodi download the related cover images and show them when related CDs are replayed?

Thanks!
http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_the_library, Section 9
May be I missed something but this link describes how to integrate existing cover images - but I do not have some yet, I want to have them downloaded automatically during/after ripping!
Hi Elmi79, use http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:CdART_Manager. Do make sure you configure the addon properly!
I'm facing this issue too. I'll try the CdART_Manager.

But what does the Universal Album Scraper do? I thought that scraper would add the album covers too?

I do see covers in my Titan skin in my playlist for example, but not in my collection of albums.
The ideal way to handle cover art is to embed them into the music file along with the other song information as an ID3 tag. Images embedded as ID3 tags are supported by a large number of media players and devices, and Kodi as well.

One of the best tools for managing ID3 tags, including embedded album art, is MP3 Tag Tools. It's a Windows application, but it runs well under Wine on Linux. I haven't found any Linux tools that work as well, but your mileage may vary.
(2016-05-12, 01:24)bdoe Wrote: The ideal way to handle cover art is to embed them into the music file along with the other song information as an ID3 tag. Images embedded as ID3 tags are supported by a large number of media players and devices, and Kodi as well.

One of the best tools for managing ID3 tags, including embedded album art, is MP3 Tag Tools. It's a Windows application, but it runs well under Wine on Linux. I haven't found any Linux tools that work as well, but your mileage may vary.

I'd recommend Picard. It can fill your tags with Musicbrainz data that Kodi understands. It also embeds art automatically and is cross-platform.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Good! Yes I noticed that the Universal Album Scraper stores it somewhere else and not as a MP3 Tag.

Will try both tools soon, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rip CDs and get album covers0