[How-To] The NEW XBOX One Media Remote On Openelec
(2015-11-25, 14:36)free2k Wrote: Does XboX One Media Remote works ootb with openelec 6.0.0 on a Intel Nuc?

I have NUC5CPYH but power off and power on button does not works. Could anyone help me, please?

I have the same NUC and also have openelec 6.0.0 on it.. but i could also not power on it.. do you resolve it yet?
Thanks for sharing! Used on xbian but saved me a lot of time nonetheless.
Just managed to get this remote properly configured on my NUC6I3SYB, so now it can power on from cold and properly shut down if anyone is still interested. I've not tried it to suspend, but I'm sure it'll work ok.

Update your bios to intels latest one for your system. Enter bios, enter advanced options. Under devices, choose onboard devices tab. On the RHS box, make sure all 3 tickboxes are ticked. On the drop down list for CIR Remote Controller Type, select XBOX one remote controller.
Under the power option, I have the following tick boxes checked...
Power sense
Wake from S3 via CIR
Wake from s4 and s5 via cir
Usb s4/s5
Wake on usb s5
Pcie aspm support

Save and exit bios.

The above will get your xbox button on the remote to start your nuc. I'm sure some of what i've got ticked is irrelevant, but it's working well so I don't feel like messing about with it any more!

I'm running libreelec official 7.0.0 kernel 4.4.7

The xbox remote is supposed to work ootb, but would only work 50% of the time on each os start and even when it did, the remote wasn't very responsive.
To get this working all the time, I literally did everything in this thread's first post. (Thanks fishoil!) It now works great except for the context button wasn't mapped to my liking. I simply changed this in the keymap editor addon found in the kodi addon repo. I also used it to map the xbox button to shutdown.

Hope this may help those in the same position as me and reduce the headache getting this remote to work. Overall, I'm a very happy boy with this remote on my system now. I was seconds away from buying a usb flirc before i got it working!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[How-To] The NEW XBOX One Media Remote On Openelec3