1080p playing crashes
Hi people,

I have a question / problem. Today I wanted to watch a movie what is in 1080p res, when i started the movie the first 10 sec where playing well. After that it started to give little breaks, and after about 30 sec XBMC reboots.

Now I am using a Raspberry Pi, I have been googling allot and all I can find it should be able to stream 1080p video's with no problem. So is this a problem of XBMC itself maybe? I am using Frodo XBMC from OpenELEC.

SETUP
-- RaspberryPi B Model
-- OpenELEC XBMC

Movie
--1080P Bluray movie
-- Arround 9000kbps
-- 23 frames a second
-- MP4 Format

Also I try'd a movie with the same specifications but with a MKV format, the results where the same..

Hope that its maybe a setting or something, it plays 720p with no problems BTW.
That's a tough one. Are you streaming wirelessly? Are your shares NFS or SMB or what? I know I had major issues streaming 1080p wirelessly.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Hi patseguin,

I am not streaming wireless, and using SMB connection to my desktop aswell as my nas server.

I just did a small overclock to my raspberry, gonna check if that maybe helps to make it play the 1080p vid's. But the strange thing is that I read all over the internet that it should support the 1080p.
It should and does.

Can you get us a debug log (wiki)? Also, you might want to try out the OpenELEC gotham beta builds, as there have been a ton of fixes in there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p playing crashes0