Want to show number of unwatched episodes
Hello everyone,

First time posting. Love XBMC!

I'm using the confluence mod found here: http://mirrors.superrepo.org/addons/frod...ustom.mod/

I'd like to change it so that in the TV show listings it will show the number of unwatched episodes instead of the checkmark/no checkmark that indicates whether there are unwatched episodes. I saw this functionality in the xperience180 skin and would like to add it to this confluence mod, but I reallky have absolutely no idea how. I don't for now want to get into skinning so I don't want to have to read all the material and am hoping this is something farily quick that someone could just tell me how to do after looking at the files included in that skin.

Any help is appreciated! Even if it is just to give a link to a page that can help me do it!

Kyle
Unless you want to use a skin/view that has the unwatched feature in it by default, you'll need to edit an xml file in the skin you have selected.

Here's a sample of the code I use in one of my views to get the outcome you desire. You need to insert this into the .xml file for the "view" you want to edit. I'm also a novice, but I think you'll only need to move the posx & posy around to get it to the right location.

PHP Code:
                <control type="label"> <!-- Unwatched 2nd row  -->
                    <
description>UnWatched Count</description
                    <
posx>670</posx>
                    <
posy>5</posy>
                    <
width>170</width>
                    <
height>25</height>
                    <
label>[COLOR blue]$LOCALIZE[16101]: [/COLOR]$INFO[ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes)]</label>
                    <
align>left</align>
                    <
aligny>center</aligny>
                    <
font>font13caps_title</font>
                    <
textcolor>white</textcolor>
                    <
shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
                </
control

The most important part is the "Label" info. The Localize 16101 = "Unwatched" in a number of languages. The "$INFO[ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes)]" is the actual number of unwatched items. The code above makes "Unwatched" appear in blue, and the number appear in white.
Thanks! I'll give that a shot later today and post if I got it to work Smile
Crud. Ok. So I understand your listing and what it means. But I'm still not sure where to put it. I have found a ViewsVideoLibrary.xml which looks like it should be where it goes. But it's hard to tell where in the file I should put it. I have found some areas where it is listing the watched and unwatched episodes but I don't see that when I actually use xbmc so I'm not sure if I'm even looking in the right place. I also can't search for where the checkmarks are shown since i'm not sure the name of the checkmark image file (i assume it's an image) since all of the images have been packaged into a xbt file.

Here is a link to the ViewsVideoLibrary.xml if anyone could take a look and help and tell me if this is even the right file :/

http://kamcknight.net/files/ViewsVideoLibrary.xml
Enable debugging in the addon.xml of Confluence, go to the view you want to add the counts, and it'll show you the container id in the debugging info.

Then search for Control.IsVisible(id) inside ViewsVideoLibrary.xml or ViewsFileMode.xml. Latter contains all the basic views (list, thumb etc.) and the first one more complex ones.

Another method is to open MyVideoNav.xml, and look for which id is which, but since the include names are misleading (at least for media info views), it's easier to use the debugging method.

Except that you're using a mod, and the views could be inside other files. But those are the 2 default files that should hold the default views from Confluence.
That's great! I was curious if there was someway to see what view you were on and such. I'll check it out at home!
Gah sorry guys, I couldn't figure it out even with that. When I start at the home window it shows the Window is home.xml. When I choose tv shows, it shows it's MyVideoNav.xml and focused is 504 (list). If I choose a show, it shows the same xml but focused is 50, then if I choose a season it still shows the same xm, but goes back to saying focused is 504 again.

Just in case anyone is willing to take a look, I have uploaded xml file it showed. If not no worries, I can live with it haha

http://kamcknight.net/files/MyVideoNav.xml
So I found this secition in the ViewsVideoLibrary.xml and it has the lables that show the season name and when inside of the seasons, the episode names. On the rifht side of that is the checkmark where i'd like to display the unwatched episodes, but in this listing i dont see anywhere to add that checkmardk, so i'm not sure where it's being added from...

Code:
<include name="MediaListView2">
        <control type="group">
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(504)</visible>
            <include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
            <control type="list" id="504">
                <posx>70</posx>
                <posy>78</posy>
                <width>580</width>
                <height>561</height>
                <onleft>2</onleft>
                <onright>60</onright>
                <onup>504</onup>
                <ondown>504</ondown>
                <viewtype label="$LOCALIZE[544]">list</viewtype>
                <pagecontrol>60</pagecontrol>
                <scrolltime>200</scrolltime>
                <visible>Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(Episodes) | Container.Content(MusicVideos)</visible>
                <itemlayout height="40" width="580">
                    <control type="image">
                        <description>the alpha'd horizontal bar</description>
                        <posx>0</posx>
                        <posy>0</posy>
                        <width>580</width>
                        <height>41</height>
                        <texture border="0,2,0,2">MenuItemNF.png</texture>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>10</posx>
                        <posy>0</posy>
                        <width>520</width>
                        <height>40</height>
                        <font>font13</font>
                        <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
                        <selectedcolor>selected</selectedcolor>
                        <align>left</align>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <label>$VAR[MainItemLabel]</label>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>510</posx>
                        <posy>0</posy>
                        <width>500</width>
                        <height>40</height>
                        <font>font12</font>
                        <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
                        <selectedcolor>selected</selectedcolor>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</label>
                        <visible>Window.IsVisible(Videos)</visible>
                        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="40,0" delay="0" time="0" condition="![Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(Episodes) | Container.Content(MusicVideos)]">conditional</animation>
                        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="18,0" delay="0" time="0" condition="stringcompare(Skin.String(WatchStatusType),Hidden)">conditional</animation>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>515</posx>
                        <posy>8</posy>
                        <width>40</width>
                        <height>26</height>
                        <texture>$VAR[VideoResolutionFlag]</texture>
                        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="18,0" delay="0" time="0" condition="stringcompare(Skin.String(WatchStatusType),Hidden)">conditional</animation>
                        <visible>Window.IsVisible(Videos) + [Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(Episodes) | Container.Content(MusicVideos)]</visible>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(ViewSubTitleFlag)</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>521</posx>
                        <posy>8</posy>
                        <width>26</width>
                        <height>26</height>
                        <fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                        <texture>$INFO[ListItem.SubtitleLanguage,Language/,.png]</texture>
                        <visible>Window.IsVisible(Videos) + [Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(Episodes) | Container.Content(MusicVideos)]</visible>
                        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(ViewSubTitleFlag) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.SubtitleLanguage)</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="group">
                        <control type="image">
                            <posx>550</posx>
                            <posy>3</posy>
                            <width>32</width>
                            <height>32</height>
                            <texture diffuse="poster-diffuse.png">OverlayStatus/resumable/OverlayUnwatched.png</texture>
                            <visible>ListItem.IsResumable</visible>
                        </control>
                        <control type="image">
                            <posx>550</posx>
                            <posy>3</posy>
                            <width>32</width>
                            <height>32</height>
                            <texture diffuse="poster-diffuse.png">$VAR[PartlyWatched,OverlayStatus/resumable/,.png]</texture>
                            <visible>ListItem.IsResumable</visible>
                        </control>
                        <control type="image">
                            <posx>552</posx>
                            <posy>14</posy>
                            <width>25</width>
                            <height>21</height>
                            <texture>$VAR[WatchTypePath,OverlayStatus/]</texture>
                            <visible>!ListItem.IsResumable</visible>
                        </control>
                        <visible>Window.IsVisible(Videos) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Overlay) + !stringcompare(Skin.String(WatchStatusType),Hidden)</visible>
                    </control>
                </itemlayout>
Are you using the Media Info 2 view?
OK so I was able to finally show the episodes that were unwatched. I still can't figure out where to remove the checkmark. I know that if I'm on one of the tv views (tv, seasons or episodes), that if i press left to get the side menu and then chose the hide watched option that removes the shows that i've watched and therfore i dont see the check boxes, but I want to see all shows and never show check boxes.

I did like I said however get the unwatched episodes showing up so i can live with that if i have to.
Grrr,

OK so when there are avcutally unwatched episodes it'll show the number of episodes. But once all the episodes of a seasn/show are watched it goes back to showing the checkmark. i still can't find where that checkmark is at all.
Remove the last group with 3 image controls in it, the ones with "overlay" bits.
(2014-04-02, 21:55)SpaceMonkey Wrote: Remove the last group with 3 image controls in it, the ones with "overlay" bits.

Gah!

Thank you!

Got it all working. I just assumed those were the little circle type icons that show how much of an episode is viewed when resuming it.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to show number of unwatched episodes1