Repository issues
Lightbulb 
Hello,

I have been tinkering with XBMC recently as I plan on putting it through my house. Today I came across an issue with adding 3rd party repositories.

I am currently running XBMC 12.3 on Ubuntu 13.10 and XBMC 12.2 on RaspBMC on a Raspberry Pi. My library is shared through MySQL from the machine running Ubuntu. Both installs have XBMCHub installed.

Issue 1:
On the Ubuntu machine, when I try to add a third party repository, XBMC crashes at the start up. If I delete all add ons and repositories, I can get XBMC to start back up.

Issue 2:
On the Rpi, when I add a third party repository, no add ons show up. I have tried checking for updates, forced refreshes and deleting ~/.xbmc/userdata/Databases/Addon15.db - all with numerous reboots and no success.

I have had add ons successfully installed before and the only major change I have made is sharing my library. Coincidence? Maybe.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Scott
1. This is not xbmc hub.

2. Nothing to do with MySQL.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
3. we are not raspbmc
Both issues caused by changes at github
Gotham beta 3 will solve your Ubuntu system - both crash & repo update
Have no clue about RaspBMC but the issues are caused by same mechanism at Github access
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1666535
short answer: raspbmc needs to fix it.
Thanks for the suggestion on Github. I'll give it a try tonight on my Ubuntu system!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Repository issues0