No sound thru XBMC but sound in Mythtv frontend using HDMI
I have Mythbuntu installed and using the frontend, I get sound when watching a recording. I also tested the sound in terminal (outside of Mythtv) using the aplay -l command and that worked. I don't get any sound when watching the same recording in Xbmc. I have tried the all the available devices under the Audio section. I also have a asound.conf file that works.

I'm running gotham beta3 with a NVidia video card (HDMI).
No problem without a Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi, I'm experiencing a similar issue - no only with Live TV and HD channels. Audio otherwise works fine across the system, and with mythtv frontend on the same HD channel. Recordings of HD channels work ok

Hopefully I've managed to get a useful debug log: xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=222145

Regards,
Mike.
@CloudyBrain: You have a different issue, there is only "broken data" coming from your backend and xbmc cannot decode it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi @fritsch thank you very much for your quick reply! Could you kindly give a clue on where I should to start to try to fix this? Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound thru XBMC but sound in Mythtv frontend using HDMI0