• 12(current)
SMB shares with Windows Vista does not work
Registered especially to say thank you! This little bug was the only thing left holding me back to switching over entirely to Vista.
I have gotten Vista to work with XBMC's latest build. Anonymous guest access, browsing and video playing. The whole works! Great job flolks!
Yes, thank you ELUPUS! We really appreciate your time and effort on this. Hope you had a great Xmas and have a Happy New Year.
Just to say a big thanks to those that worked on this problem, I can confirm that SMB access to Vista shares DOES now work with the latest SVN build.

Thanks so much!!Big Grin
Is this the latest build? Sorry - noob here

XBMC-SVN_2006-12-25_rev7428-T3CH
sidneysides Wrote:Is this the latest build? Sorry - noob here

XBMC-SVN_2006-12-25_rev7428-T3CH

yes that build works
thx man beautiful work
CompKing Wrote:I have gotten Vista to work with XBMC's latest build. Anonymous guest access, browsing and video playing. The whole works! Great job flolks!

so what does your share look like?

e.g. smb://ip....
My share looks like:

smb://ip/share
or
smb://workgroup/share

One note: I still see a problem with Vista and XBMC sharing an entire drive. If you share the root drive, XBMC won't co-operate. Try sharing a subdirectory.

(Anyone else have this same experience?)
None of these seem to work for me!

I have vista business and I have an annoying problem. When I try to edit the sources on the XBOX via the GUI it either will not find the source I enter, or it will totally freeze the xbox when I hit ok

If I try to FTP in and edit the .xml it doesnt make ANY changes. My XML I edit and reupload looks TOTALLY different than the source list that every screen presents me.

Please help! I have build 2.0.1, did they change something?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB shares with Windows Vista does not work2