• 225(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
I've two Amazon Fire TV.
I installed XBMC on them weeks ago.
Yesterday I rooted them both using AdbFire (sadly I cannot install apk using it, it gives me an error)

The first one seems to work fine. I was able to change the time too using Timezone_changer.apk

The other doens't work as good as the other. Dunno why.
So I would like to do everything again step by step since the beginning.
I mean rooting the machine, installing XBMC and other apk.

Is there a way to clean up the Amazon Fire TV, without bricking it?
http://www.firetvnews.com/top-ways-to-br...r-fire-tv/

Thanks!
(2014-06-19, 09:01)Snowball Wrote: I've two Amazon Fire TV.
I installed XBMC on them weeks ago.
Yesterday I rooted them both using AdbFire (sadly I cannot install apk using it, it gives me an error)

The first one seems to work fine. I was able to change the time too using Timezone_changer.apk

The other doens't work as good as the other. Dunno why.
So I would like to do everything again step by step since the beginning.
I mean rooting the machine, installing XBMC and other apk.

Is there a way to clean up the Amazon Fire TV, without bricking it?
http://www.firetvnews.com/top-ways-to-br...r-fire-tv/

Thanks!

What was the error you got with adbFire?
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-06-18, 21:26)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks. Got it using ADB shell commands via Windows CMD prompt...
adb ls /sdcard/.imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/com.adrise.profilms/B00IPRAZB4/ (Classic TV app)

thumbnail_43127692f3ed9671e079492a40a450bbd51543bd84d74bba24baf55fe7e06afa.png

preview_84a70e233a1a6d1ac0d93d2e9f1f2de0e7c2d64d289f1e6f17434fe4c3752717.png

Can you give the exact adb shell commands for thumbnail and preview icons for changing fom Classic TV to XBMC?
(2014-06-19, 05:17)poplap Wrote: Hey everyone, So I have been trying to introduce my parents to XBMC, and they like it for the most part and so now I need to get them a box to run it and I was thinking the FTV, a good entry level box for US$99. Their library (Which I'm still ripping, ugh...) is mostly DVDs and a few Blu-Ray Discs all encoded into h.264 with handbrake. What I wanted to know was if I set it up as an XBMC only system, you know have it ignore the FTV launcher, would it still be able to use android apps like prime and Netflix?? If it can't thats alright though it would help to sell it to them at least until (if ever) that stuff becomes a proper addon. I have been doing a lot of Googling and I would think it could sense it is just like regular android just with a custom skin but I just want to verify.

Thanks

you can boot up Netflix from within XBMC but i dont think you can boot up Prime. You can convert the Classic TV app to an XBMC shortcut (instructions are a page or two back) and just have them exit it to get to Netflix and Prime
(2014-06-19, 17:20)mjbxx Wrote: Can you give the exact adb shell commands for thumbnail and preview icons for changing fom Classic TV to XBMC?

Okay, here are my exact steps...

1. Install Classic TV app on your FTV.
  2. Sideload Llama app to your FTV and follow instructions as described in wiki to map Classic TV to XBMC. You can get Llama via this site. Copy/paste the URL https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ebab.Llama
  3. Test by opening Classic TV to see if it launches XBMC. If so, you're good to go to next step. Quit XBMC.
  4. Download tr.apk (towelroot app) from here and sideload it to your FTV.
  5. Open towelroot and apply the root. Wait about 10 seconds and your FTV will reboot itself.
  6. Now connect to your FTV using ADB. I use Windows command prompt to do this.
  7. Make sure my two PNG's are in the same folder as your ADB files.
  8. Once connected to your FTV, type in... adb push preview_84a70e233a1a6d1ac0d93d2e9f1f2de0e7c2d64d289f1e6f17434fe4c3752717.png /sdcard/.imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/com.adrise.profilms/B00IPRAZB4/ and hit 'Enter'.
  9. Next, type in... adb push thumbnail_43127692f3ed9671e079492a40a450bbd51543bd84d74bba24baf55fe7e06afa.png /sdcard/.imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/com.adrise.profilms/B00IPRAZB4/ and hit 'Enter'.
  10. You're done. Reboot FTV and XBMC icon will appear in place of Classic TV.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-06-19, 17:30)DaveNinja Wrote:
(2014-06-19, 05:17)poplap Wrote: Hey everyone, So I have been trying to introduce my parents to XBMC, and they like it for the most part and so now I need to get them a box to run it and I was thinking the FTV, a good entry level box for US$99. Their library (Which I'm still ripping, ugh...) is mostly DVDs and a few Blu-Ray Discs
all encoded into h.264 with handbrake. What I wanted to know was if I set it up as an XBMC only system, you know have it ignore the FTV launcher, would it still be able to use android apps like prime and Netflix?? If it can't thats alright though it would help to sell it to them at least until (if ever) that stuff becomes a proper addon. I have been doing a lot of Googling and I would think it could sense it is just like regular android just with a custom skin but I just want to verify.

Thanks

you can boot up Netflix from within XBMC but i dont think you can boot up Prime. You can convert the Classic TV app to an XBMC shortcut (instructions are a page or two back) and just have them exit it to get to Netflix and Prime

You can also install fired TV and have access to anything u install on the "home" screen.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2014-06-19, 17:59)hdmkv Wrote:
(2014-06-19, 17:20)mjbxx Wrote: Can you give the exact adb shell commands for thumbnail and preview icons for changing fom Classic TV to XBMC?

Okay, here are my exact steps...

1. Install Classic TV app on your FTV.
  2. Sideload Llama app to your FTV and follow instructions as described in wiki to map Classic TV to XBMC. You can get Llama via this site. Copy/paste the URL https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ebab.Llama
  3. Test by opening Classic TV to see if it launches XBMC. If so, you're good to go to next step. Quit XBMC.
  4. Download tr.apk (towelroot app) from here and sideload it to your FTV.
  5. Open towelroot and apply the root. Wait about 10 seconds and your FTV will reboot itself.
  6. Now connect to your FTV using ADB. I use Windows command prompt to do this.
  7. Make sure my two PNG's are in the same folder as your ADB files.
  8. Once connected to your FTV, type in... adb push preview_84a70e233a1a6d1ac0d93d2e9f1f2de0e7c2d64d289f1e6f17434fe4c3752717.png /sdcard/.imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/com.adrise.profilms/B00IPRAZB4/ and hit 'Enter'.
  9. Next, type in... adb push thumbnail_43127692f3ed9671e079492a40a450bbd51543bd84d74bba24baf55fe7e06afa.png /sdcard/.imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/com.adrise.profilms/B00IPRAZB4/ and hit 'Enter'.
  10. You're done. Reboot FTV and XBMC icon will appear in place of Classic TV.

I am getting a "No such file or directory" error for the preview icon.
FireTV just became my favorite STB. Used this XPosed module to allow for alternate launchers, then installed XBMC modified to be a Launcher. Now I boot straight into XBMC, get XBMC when I hit the Home button, and can still access the KFTV Launcher as an app if I want to get more games.

Sure, I could do this on my other Android box, but now I have XBMC *and* the best Android Netflix app out there on the same box.
(2014-06-19, 18:16)mjbxx Wrote: I am getting a "No such file or directory" error for the preview icon.

did you run Classic Tv on the fire at least once?
I went through this process (using Classic TV as the XBMC shortcut) last night. I ran into problems because i had not run Classic TV, which meant it had not downloaded and installed from the cloud yet.
Does anyone know if you can sideload Google Play Music?

I have the all-access pass and it would be nice to be able to play music from there.
(2014-06-19, 19:51)caveman017 Wrote: Does anyone know if you can sideload Google Play Music?

I have the all-access pass and it would be nice to be able to play music from there.

Now that the device is rooted, that may be possible, but I bet it's a ton of work. I'm sure you'll need to install google frameworks first. You may get some ideas from the folks who fiddle with the fire tablet.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-06-19, 19:13)DaveNinja Wrote:
(2014-06-19, 18:16)mjbxx Wrote: I am getting a "No such file or directory" error for the preview icon.

did you run Classic Tv on the fire at least once?
I went through this process (using Classic TV as the XBMC shortcut) last night. I ran into problems because i had not run Classic TV, which meant it had not downloaded and installed from the cloud yet.

Yes. I ran the FireTV Side App Installer (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2736774) from XDA and it does show the XBMC thumbnail. The XBMC preview icon did not take though. It flashes the Classic TV preview icon. I am unable to successfully run the adb push command provided by @hdmkv for the preview XBMC icon.
Weird... I've done this on 3 different FTV's using steps above and all worked. Hopefully someone will create a GUI tool for this, or least add it to existing ADB GUI FTV tools.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-06-19, 19:51)caveman017 Wrote: Does anyone know if you can sideload Google Play Music?

This is instructions for installing Google play store on Amazon Kindle Fire. You may be able to use some or all of it. Just a suggestion. Not guaranteed to work on the FTV.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2365224
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
I just loaded XBMC and the ConfigWizard on my Amazon Fire TV. When the install was complete, the screen is so dark I can't see anything. When I go out to the Home Screen or Netfilx, it goes back to normal. What did I do wrong during install, or is there somewhere else I can go to fix this?

I also see the posts above about putting XBMC Icon on Home Page, but I can't follow the instructions. Please tell me how to do this.
  • 225(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10