• 12(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
The biggest question i have at the moment is if the unit has a switchable powersupply to 240v? It should say on it somewhere..
(2014-04-03, 22:56)radiohead6969 Wrote: also try this version it is for the ouya but it works great on all the other android devices i tested it on and it has pass-through audio support

http://filez.semperpax.com/wuhl4

Yea SPMC is nice it's just based on Frodo so it's missing all the improvements from Gotham. I'm running SPMC on my ouya and it works well
so whats the verdict guys? I have been following this. Promising? Not Promising? Biggest deal breakers (if any)? Minor issues?

NETFLIX SUPERHD? Does it work? Thats the biggest one for me. I think I already know it doesnt bit stream but surround sound does work. I think thats not bad.
Problem is Most addons don't support Gotham yet. So hopefully soon
Joeyf,

Thanks for the link to the manuals, I'd not gotten there yet.

Jim
(2014-04-03, 22:18)joeyf Wrote: Here's a link to a real manual. It says "The USB port currently does not support any accessories."

On XDA I instructed a guy to plug in a mouse and he did and the pointer came up and the mouse worked. So the USB port is live.

I suggest loading Paragon and see if it resolve the mount NTFS issue.

You have to remember that they want you to use Prime so they are not going to tell you how to watch your current media on hard drives. They do allow Miracast which is interesting but useless for most things.
Excellent Reddragon, thank you.
Just got Gotham loaded, and added my NAS drive to do a quick test - video promptly craps all over itself the second it tries to play either mov or m4v formats. I'll play with it some more when I have a few minutes, but I can already see that the side loading requirement is going to make this a non-starter for me. Too easy to hit the home button and roll back to the main interface.

Still, nice box for streaming Amazon, and I'll probably keep it around just to see what develops as folks far more capable than me get a chase to hack into it.
(2014-04-03, 23:24)reddragon72 Wrote:
(2014-04-03, 22:18)joeyf Wrote: Here's a link to a real manual. It says "The USB port currently does not support any accessories."

On XDA I instructed a guy to plug in a mouse and he did and the pointer came up and the mouse worked. So the USB port is live.

I suggest loading Paragon and see if it resolve the mount NTFS issue.

You have to remember that they want you to use Prime so they are not going to tell you how to watch your current media on hard drives. They do allow Miracast which is interesting but useless for most things.

That's encouraging, thanks.
Khaosx. Can you flip it over and see if theres voltage information somewhere? Im looking for 220-240v
(2014-04-03, 23:31)khaosx Wrote: Just got Gotham loaded, and added my NAS drive to do a quick test - video promptly craps all over itself the second it tries to play either mov or m4v formats. I'll play with it some more when I have a few minutes, but I can already see that the side loading requirement is going to make this a non-starter for me. Too easy to hit the home button and roll back to the main interface.

Still, nice box for streaming Amazon, and I'll probably keep it around just to see what develops as folks far more capable than me get a chase to hack into it.

Did you happen to try any mp4 or mkv?
(2014-04-03, 23:46)garvani Wrote: Khaosx. Can you flip it over and see if theres voltage information somewhere? Im looking for 220-240v

The power supply says 100-240v
Thanks Big Grin. I assumed so but its good to know for certain.
(2014-04-03, 23:46)garvani Wrote: Khaosx. Can you flip it over and see if theres voltage information somewhere? Im looking for 220-240v

People say it doesn't play games at all and it doesn't support universal remotes at all. All the reviews with Xbmc say it doesn't run Xbmc at all it's choppy playback of anything HD.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10