• 19(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-04, 21:11)zod1976 Wrote: In my setup, I have a couple HDHomeRuns tuned to an OTA antenna. My house is wired with gigabit ethernet. I'm using MediaPortal to supply PVR functionality to XBMC clients throughout the house. So, the first thing I wanted to test was live TV. I've read lots of concerns about mpeg2 and Live TV support... I'm happy to report that it works!

That's awesome to hear! If it works on OTA TV, it should work for MPEG-2 Blu-Rays as well; the bitrates are pretty similar. What's the audio passthrough situation look like?
(2014-04-04, 21:13)thess Wrote: This is probably a whole separate can of worms, but is Airplay support in XBMC supposed to receive video as well as audio? I've never played with it before, so far it just seems to act like an audio receiver.

Airplay audio works? I guess I didn't bother to try it but thats all i have used airplay for.
(2014-04-04, 21:21)MrMichaelJames Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 21:13)thess Wrote: This is probably a whole separate can of worms, but is Airplay support in XBMC supposed to receive video as well as audio? I've never played with it before, so far it just seems to act like an audio receiver.

Airplay audio works? I guess I didn't bother to try it but thats all i have used airplay for.

Yes--I'm using koying's most recent build, and when I tried to airplay a YouTube video via Safari on an iOS 7 ipad mini, I only got audio and a visualization thingie.

EDIT: I see over on the XDA forums someone mentions having HBO Go working. I tried to track down an APK on my own, but one of the ones I downloaded installed some other loader instead (sigh) and another was obviously for the wrong device. Any hints on where I should be looking for a 'good' APK? (I have no experience in the android ecosystem.)
Third test build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

On the choppy side, a video with the debug osd on (the "o" key) would help.
(2014-04-04, 21:23)thess Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 21:21)MrMichaelJames Wrote:

Yes--I'm using koying's most recent build, and when I tried to airplay a YouTube video via Safari on an iOS 7 ipad mini, I only got audio and a visualization thingie.

I've only tested airplay through the youtube app on my iphone. In my experience video airplay is hit or miss in xbmc, even while playback on x86 devices which are usually the most stable.
(2014-04-04, 21:27)Koying Wrote: Third test build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Off topic but do these gotham test builds do pass-through if used on the ouya? The reason I ask is the comment below

"No, Gotham does not pass-through audio on Ouya (nor does it do multi-channel PCM). You'll have to wait for Koying to release a Gotham update."
Quote:zod1976, this is really exciting news to me, thanks for testing. Can you confirm that you were watching 1080i channels?

I'm watching NBC right now in 1080i. No stuttering that I can see.
I used mysharedapp and generated apk's for playstore, google play services, antutu and a few other apps to test tonight.
(2014-04-04, 21:27)Koying Wrote: Third test build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Green screen is gone. Playback is still subjectively jittery. Once you skip forward (like 30 seconds) it all goes to hell, audio continues but video halts for 15 seconds or so and then comes back as garbage.

PMing you new log in a minute with "o" on.
(2014-04-04, 21:36)zod1976 Wrote:
Quote:zod1976, this is really exciting news to me, thanks for testing. Can you confirm that you were watching 1080i channels?

I'm watching NBC right now in 1080i. No stuttering that I can see.

That's very good news, thanks again for setting this up and testing. I was quite skeptical about Live TV. This box seems to have some potential.
Thanks everyone for great posts! Anyone having any luck with playing files on external HDD through Fire TV's USB port?
(2014-04-04, 21:47)fly2thesun Wrote: Thanks everyone for great posts! Anyone having any luck with playing files on external HDD through Fire TV's USB port?

The port seems to be live for peripherals like keyboards, but doesn't recognize storage.
I'm also interested in any accounts of external USB hard drives working, whether in FAT32 or NTFS format. On the Ouya, I had to sideload Stickmount to get my NTFS drive working.
(2014-04-04, 21:47)fly2thesun Wrote: Thanks everyone for great posts! Anyone having any luck with playing files on external HDD through Fire TV's USB port?

Amazon has straight out said the USB port is not accepting hard drives...YET.

keep your fingers crossed.
(2014-04-04, 21:38)thess Wrote: PMing you new log in a minute with "o" on.
Thanks, but I'd need a video to both see the output of "o" and the actual jitter, if possible Wink

[EDIT]
To make myself clearer, when I say video, I mean a video of XBMC playing the file...
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10