• 23(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
@Koying
Here's a log playing a 1080p x264/DTS MKV with the eb4e0ea build. Artifacts/green at the beginning seem to be gone, but it still looks like it's dropping 30% of frames, even though CodecInfo reports 0 frame drops.
Sorry, I don't have video capture card so you can see it.
im very curious to see what happens with this. IF we can get the functionality of like i have with my minix x7mini but add in amazon prime and netflix HD awesome. I mean i have netflix HD and amazon prime HD on my vizio tv but still to have it in a box would be great for those who don't
A couple of remote control questions:

When you guys talk about "official XBMC remote" or "yatse", do you specifically mean an android app you're installing on a second android device, like a phone/tablet? If so, how is it talking to the FireTV, over your network or something? (I'm an iOS girl, sorrydon'thate)

I'm a long (long long long) time Harmony remote enthusiast, and I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how I can make my Harmony smart control hub (which does output bluetooth in some sense) talk to the bluetooth on the FireTV. I don't think that's going to happen since it wants to actually pair first. I also tried adding the Logitech K400 keyboard as a device in the Harmony setup, thinking I could trick the control hub into talking to the dongle (which is working on the Fire), but it was a non-starter. On that note, a profile for the FireTV does exist in the Harmony device database, it just says it's not supported 'yet'. Attempting to learn commands outputted via the Fire remote or the K400 to the smart hub doesn't work.

(Also, sorry for referring to torrented tv shows earlier. I know it doesn't matter, but I pay for cable, hence asking about the HBO Go app earlier. I just have a lot of archived stuff, including UK shows you can't really get via other means.)
yatse and the official remote are android apps that you put on a different android machine (like your phone or tablet) and it interacts with xbmc over the network. There is also a version of the official remote for ios I believe.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Here's a wiki page so it's easy to collect all this info: Amazon Fire TV (wiki)
@thess

Yatse is an XBMC remote control app for Android. It is the best in my opinion. I always tease my wife because she has an iphone, and no XBMC remote app for iOS comes close to Yatse. I can control my G-Box Midnight, and 2 PC'S running OpenElec from Yatse via wifi.

I use My Galaxy Note 3's built in IR transmitter for everything that uses IR. I used to use a Harmony universal remote, but not any longer since I can do it all with my phone.
You let your wife use any remote?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the responses on the remote control apps. I don't know, for me this isn't an iOS v android thing, I'm just so used to having a 'real' remote control in one hand that I can use via tactile feedback and don't have to look at. I'll probably keep beating my head against the Harmony wall for a while. Although the bf is indignant that I would give up the Amazon remote with voice control (which, to be honest, would be cooler if it was indexing any services besides Prime).

EDIT:

Quote:You let your wife use any remote?

Oh, how the tables are turned in my house. He's playing D3 and saying "But I'll still be able to USE the Amazon remote...right?"
(2014-04-05, 02:39)Ned Scott Wrote: Here's a wiki page so it's easy to collect all this info: Amazon Fire TV (wiki)

Awesome. Thanks!
(2014-04-05, 02:42)nickr Wrote: You let your wife use any remote?

She uses her iphone since it is hers. We keep the original remotes stored away. She doesn't use my Note 3 though.
(2014-04-05, 02:29)thess Wrote: A couple of remote control questions:

When you guys talk about "official XBMC remote" or "yatse", do you specifically mean an android app you're installing on a second android device, like a phone/tablet? If so, how is it talking to the FireTV, over your network or something? (I'm an iOS girl, sorrydon'thate)

I'm a long (long long long) time Harmony remote enthusiast, and I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how I can make my Harmony smart control hub (which does output bluetooth in some sense) talk to the bluetooth on the FireTV. I don't think that's going to happen since it wants to actually pair first. I also tried adding the Logitech K400 keyboard as a device in the Harmony setup, thinking I could trick the control hub into talking to the dongle (which is working on the Fire), but it was a non-starter. On that note, a profile for the FireTV does exist in the Harmony device database, it just says it's not supported 'yet'. Attempting to learn commands outputted via the Fire remote or the K400 to the smart hub doesn't work.

(Also, sorry for referring to torrented tv shows earlier. I know it doesn't matter, but I pay for cable, hence asking about the HBO Go app earlier. I just have a lot of archived stuff, including UK shows you can't really get via other means.)

I'm using a harmony one remote with a FLIRC to control XBMC on on OUYA and it works just fine. The FLIRC plugs into the USB port and is controlled by IR. FLIRC can be got on Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/FLIRC-Dongle-Media...ords=FLIRC
Better to give your money straight to the makers http://flirc.tv/products/
(2014-04-05, 02:49)bnazza Wrote: I'm using a harmony one remote with a FLIRC to control XBMC on on OUYA and it works just fine. The FLIRC plugs into the USB port and is controlled by IR. FLIRC can be got on Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/FLIRC-Dongle-Media...ords=FLIRC

That's awesome, thanks. Bookmarked for 'if all else fails' scenario. (Although it seems like it would be handy to have for other things too. We do have a raspberry pi around here somewhere.)
(2014-04-05, 02:39)nickr Wrote: yatse and the official remote are android apps that you put on a different android machine (like your phone or tablet) and it interacts with xbmc over the network. There is also a version of the official remote for ios I believe.

Yes there is an app for IOS for xbmc an offical one as well as several unoffical AND they communicate with XBMC over the web. its easy
GO IPHONE
does anyone have a fix for repositories like 1channel not working.

i keep getting "dependencies not met"
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10