• 34(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-06, 01:45)forestrat Wrote:
Quote:can you upload youtube link? im sure no one wants to sign up for bitcasa to view video.

While boggled at the choice of bitcasa, I was able to download it without having to sign up.

Correct you can just download. I can also upload to youtube... this was just faster. I have Bitcasa unlimited at $99 a year, I'll keep it for a bit.
Reposting with youtube links:

Hello all,

I just installed the latest build (4-4-14 eb4e0ea) on my FireTV. It is up and running with the default settings. The link below has the test video (Monsters Inc) from the wiki.

Default install settings with HW Accel, libstagefright and MediaCodec enabled:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vgFuRLeRGA

I tried with just libstagefright enabled but it was dropping almost every frame.

I also tried with only MediaCodec and saw results similar to my video above.

I am now testing with Software decoding enabled, it looks like this thing has enough CPU power to decode the 10Mbps 1080p sample. Using multi-threaded software decoding.

CPU decoding enabled:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7iievnuQqQ

Thanks for the work on this.

Also, anyone else on IRC? Freenode channel #xbmc and #xbmc-android
With default settings playback was flawless then on the latest build? (The hardware enabled build)
(2014-04-06, 01:16)Kewlj1313 Wrote: Hello all,

I just installed the latest build (4-4-14 eb4e0ea) on my FireTV. It is up and running with the default settings. The link below has the test video (Monsters Inc) from the wiki.

Default install settings with HW Accel, libstagefright and MediaCodec enabled:
http://l.bitcasa.com/TTtnVDhx

I tried with just libstagefright enabled but it was dropping almost every frame.

I also tried with only MediaCodec and saw results similar to my video above.

I am now testing with Software decoding enabled, it looks like this thing has enough CPU power to decode the 10Mbps 1080p sample. Using multi-threaded software decoding.

CPU decoding enabled:
http://l.bitcasa.com/JrnYye4E

Thanks for the work on this.

Also, anyone else on IRC? Freenode channel #xbmc and #xbmc-android

installed either one of these two files
SPMC 12.3.3 = http://filez.semperpax.com/ht6w24qy
XBMC for Ouya 12.3.2 - https://diegomejia.globat.com/android/Xb...12.3.2.apk
I'll try the XBMC for Ouya 12.3.2 now.
On a side note I found that FireFox ARM build will run on here....! http://nightly.mozilla.org Controls are a little wonky though.
(2014-04-06, 00:43)alwayzbless Wrote: Keyboard layout of XBMC w/ my logitech k400 is all screwy though does anyone have any reccs on how that can be modified without root access?

Get the Keymap Editor program addon from the official XBMC repository.

It's been stated several times on this thread that this build has issues with hardware acceleration. Koying is already looking into it.
In the meantime, XBMC for OUYA (search the thread) seems to work great. I'm waiting for approval to get on the wiki so I can add this info.
Nice XBMC for Ouya 12.3.2 is much better. HW decoding and audio passthrough are working.

http://youtu.be/Id6FbWU18sA

(2014-04-06, 02:37)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 00:43)alwayzbless Wrote: Keyboard layout of XBMC w/ my logitech k400 is all screwy though does anyone have any reccs on how that can be modified without root access?

Get the Keymap Editor program addon from the official XBMC repository.

It's been stated several times on this thread that this build has issues with hardware acceleration. Koying is already looking into it.
In the meantime, XBMC for OUYA (search the thread) seems to work great. I'm waiting for approval to get on the wiki so I can add this info.

Thanks for the info. I haven't had a chance to go through the whole thread.

That is all well and good, but I think it's Gotham we want to see working on this. No point buying something this week for Frodo.

Having said that I'm sure Koying and other devs will sort this.

Has anyone come up with a "donate to buy a Fire TV for Koying" link yet? I'd donate half the cost of the machine, if others can donate the other half and the shipping to Belgium.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-06, 03:17)nickr Wrote:

That is all well and good, but I think it's Gotham we want to see working on this. No point buying something this week for Frodo.

Having said that I'm sure Koying and other devs will sort this.

Has anyone come up with a "donate to buy a Fire TV for Koying" link yet? I'd donate half the cost of the machine, if others can donate the other half and the shipping to Belgium.

I think it was said earlier that he wants to hold off on it but at this point, I think there are enough people who have said they'd donate money for him that it would already be paid for at this point.
so i am trying to use the command line and when I go to install the apk like so:

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb connect 192.168.1.16
adb install Xbmc.apk

C:\Users\Robert>adb start-server
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

C:\Users\Robert>adb connect 192.168.1.16
connected to 192.168.1.16:5555

C:\Users\Robert>adb install Xbmc.apk
can't find 'Xbmc.apk' to install

I have Xbmc in the platform tool in the sdk folder on my c drive any help would be great I have been reading for hours and figure its something small Tongue
the answer is staring right in front of you.

What is the exact file path of your xbmc.apk. I doubt it's in the C:\Users\Robert since it says can't find.

What folder is the xbmc.apk in?
Is the apk in the same folder as adb.exe and are you typing the correct name and I do believe it is CaSe SeNsEtIvE
(2014-04-06, 02:47)Kewlj1313 Wrote:
elmerohueso Wrote:It's been stated several times on this thread that this build has issues with hardware acceleration. Koying is already looking into it.

Thanks for the info. I haven't had a chance to go through the whole thread.

I've added this to the wiki.
I tried the whole path

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb connect 192.168.1.16
C:\android sdk\sdk\platform-tools

C:\Users\Robert>adb kill-server
C:\Users\Robert>adb start-server
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

C:\Users\Robert>adb connect 192.168.1.16
connected to 192.168.1.16:5555

C:\Users\Robert>C:\android sdk\sdk\platform-tools
'C:\android' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

this is the variables path

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\android sdk\sdk\platform-tools
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10