• 73(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-12, 01:25)jingram Wrote: I've been all through the skin settings under (Settings>Appearance>Skin>Settings) and see absolutely no way to add a direct Menu Item/shortcut for Netflix or Hulu +. I'm looking to add them as a root menu item.
On Confluence, from Home screen: System > Appearance > Skin > Settings (2nd entry on Skin dialog) > Add-on Shortcuts. From there, you can choose up to 5 shortcuts per category to display on the Home screen.
If you'd followed this link in the post you quoted, that would've also explained it.

(2014-04-12, 02:54)jocala Wrote: You're mistaken Smile

The archive contains Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.31. This version of adb ships with the current adt packages:

Code:
adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20140321.zip
adt-bundle-mac-x86_64-20140321.zip
adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321.zip

I use all three of these bundles to code for android.

It works perfectly well under Win7 and WinXP. If someone doesn't want to download the entire SDK they can use it with no problems to sideload apps. There are no security issues.

Weird. The download page says "Uploaded On: 2012-06-27", so I didn't think it'd be the new one.
(2014-04-12, 03:31)n3on Wrote:
(2014-04-11, 23:19)thess Wrote: Remote tangent, the fix for the Ortek MCE IR problem I mentioned earlier (up/down keys getting double pressed) was to set the device 'command repeat' in the Harmony software for the device to 1. (Not 3, not 0, 1.) NOW I have my Harmony remote fully controlling the Fire and XBMC the way I want it to. (*Thinks about making snarky "boyfriend acceptance factor" joke, refrains*)

On another tangent: In the last 10 minutes, the Voice Search button on my Fire remote has stopped working. It appears to work, registers your voice volume, says "Thinking..." and never returns any results. Does anyone know if the Voice Search has to talk to Amazon servers to work? If anyone is reading this with the Fire in front of them, can you give your Voice Search a quick test and tell me if it's working? Wondering if something is down on Amazon's end. (Have restarted the Fire...it was literally working like 10 minutes ago.)

EDIT: It's working again now, out of nowhere. So I do think there's a cloud-side component to the Voice Search, maybe?

I had the exact same experience and yes it is "cloud" based. God do I hate that buzz word. Seriously on what day did marketers decide that the word "internet" should be called "the cloud" and why did everyone agree with them? I suspect they were staring at a network chart when it happened.
Gotta love the mediafire April 1 launch of "cloud" services

http://blog.mediafire.com/2014/04/physic...atus-beta/
Hello,

I would like to report my results. I have tried all available builds from this thread and original XBMC for Ouya is still the winner. Good results with playing high bitrate files and audio passthrough (no HD passthrough). The newest Koying build crashes for me with top bitrate files such as full BD quality 36Mbps with DTS-HD. The Ouya build plays same file fine and passes the DTS core over hdmi. I have had the least crashes with Ouya build as well. My powered usb hub works fine for xbox wireless receiver and logitech k400. I believe someone was asking about 10 bit, the box can't handle it with software decoding (even 720p) so it is a no go. Flac also works inside XBMC in case anyone was wondering.

Now, a couple questions.

Is HD passthrough possible on this box? (Deal breaker for me)

My library is coming up 100 movies short from my windows 7 smb shares...no link between missing files I can ascertain. They still show and work from win7 box XBMC. Incidentally they don't show in file manager either. Any linux XBMC guru's have an idea on this?

I hate the standard ui and setup of this box. Seriously convoluted and annoying. Anyone in the know have an idea if this is going to be something that can be circumvented? (also deal breaker)

Lastly, I'd like to thank everyone for their time and efforts to try and make this a worthwhile device.
SPMC 12.4.2 is working great for me too. DTS HDMI pass thru working.
Never mind.
Seems like most add-ons work for this box. As a side note, make sure to close down each copy of xbmc (if you have multiple installed) as they may share the same data path. This caused me to have a script execution failure upon launch.
With SPMC 12.4.2 I would get a "crash to desktop" every time i tried to watch 17.2GB The Wolf of Wall Street....
works great in the latest Gotham, though
(2014-04-12, 06:39)dismantler Wrote: Dude, that needs to be over on the xbmchub forums if you want to talk about it. The XBMC website and it's forums are very clear that they do not want to be associated with them and for good reason. It makes XBMC look like nothing more than a way to get free content. It's better for everyone to keep talk of add-ons that aren't official to their respective devs.

Well why don't you unquote it and I'll change the question. Sorry.
What's the easiest way to access the files on the Fire TV? With my Apple TV I would just FTP in with Filezilla but I'm not sure how to do that with the Fire TV. Thanks!
Can anyone report on the playback quality of 10-bit (hi10p) encoded mkv files? Would love to know if the software processor on the Fire TV is strong enough to do 10-bit videos without much pixelation.
(2014-04-12, 07:12)Enesce Wrote: Can anyone report on the playback quality of 10-bit (hi10p) encoded mkv files? Would love to know if the software processor on the Fire TV is strong enough to do 10-bit videos without much pixelation.

Not even close to working. I don't think it is something that can be fixed with software either.
Hello. My Fire TV just arrived today. I have been following this thread since the beginning, and I have installed SPMC 12.4.2 and things seem good so far. I know earlier in the thread, somebody mentioned Shift and Caps Lock not working on a USB keyboard. I found the same was true for me. I did a search of this thread, but I couldn't find an answer. Has a fix for this been found? Not a huge deal, since it won't be too often where I have to use these keys.

I have the Logitech K400 keyboard, and the Shift and Caps Lock keys work in the main Fire OS.

Thanks for all the hard work on this!
How to fix the audio sync of about 250ms globally instead of one by on in either the Ouya version or the SPMC even the latest one 12.4.2.

I used HDMI output, speakers conf 5.1, and enable capability of receiver AC3, DTS, etc..

im using the remote, I don't have keyboard to test the gotham, because in order for me to config the gothem to my network I need to enter user and pass, which cannot be done using remote only. Sad

can some one help please.
(2014-04-12, 07:26)Natedawg87 Wrote: Hello. My Fire TV just arrived today. I have been following this thread since the beginning, and I have installed SPMC 12.4.2 and things seem good so far. I know earlier in the thread, somebody mentioned Shift and Caps Lock not working on a USB keyboard. I found the same was true for me. I did a search of this thread, but I couldn't find an answer. Has a fix for this been found? Not a huge deal, since it won't be too often where I have to use these keys.

I have the Logitech K400 keyboard, and the Shift and Caps Lock keys work in the main Fire OS.

Thanks for all the hard work on this!

XBMC Gotham has full support for keyboards in Android. Unfortunately Frodo didn't get that going in time.
(2014-04-12, 04:43)elmerohueso Wrote: Weird. The download page says "Uploaded On: 2012-06-27", so I didn't think it'd be the new one.

Nope, you were right, my apologies. I derped out and put up an old link, The OP now points to a fresh copy with 1.0.31.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10