• 75(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-12, 11:28)Koying Wrote: This Gotham build should bring you passthrough (to be enabled in audio settings, of course): http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Quick notes:

--No video problems I can turn up in five minutes
--I do seem to have functional Dolby Digital surround on the first test file I tried (Onkyo receiver, 5.0 config). Using the passthrough config.

However, I noticed that when I was adding a password-protected SMB share, I lost the ability to use directional keys in the user name/password text entry boxes, with any remote including the Amazon remote. Since this is the usual routine I go through when setting up a new build, it stood out. I had to use a mouse-enabled remote. I wonder if it was just a fluke, and if not, if other text entry boxes may be affected.

And of even less importance:

--AirPlay goes back to showing up as an audio device again (rather than no device at all) but still can't stream video to it. (Was this ever working, I wonder?)
--The KeyMap editor add-on doesn't work in this build or the last build I was on (the last recommended SPMC build). In SPMC it gave a 'main.py' error, in this build it says Error Script Failed: Keymap Editor.
(2014-04-12, 16:04)garvani Wrote: Its hard to gather the the state of lossless audio for these android builds! It would be awesome if the wiki had a section about audio Smile it would make it so much easier for everyone.

Can someone that has tested these builds with a capable receiver please clear this up.

Ouya build im not sure about, i know it will pass dts and dd but havn't seen anything else regarding lossless.
The latest spmc 12.4.2 passes through DTS/DD and one person commented DTS-es, how about anything else?
The latest gotham (xbmc-20140412-1d32fd0-AmazonFire-armeabi-v7a.apk) is passing through DTS/DD has anyone tested DTS-MA?

(my fire arrives to New Zealand early next week, cant wait!)

I have tried all the builds that passed through DTS/DD and they all stuttered pretty bad when trying to pass through DTS-HD or TrueHD. I haven't been able to test Koying's new Gotham build.
(2014-04-12, 16:14)cstark27 Wrote: I have tried all the builds that passed through DTS/DD and they all stuttered pretty bad when trying to pass through DTS-HD or TrueHD. I haven't been able to test Koying's new Gotham build.

Ok well thats a great start, stuttering should be fixable! So your receiver is lighting up DTS-HD etc?
Looking forward to your findings when you have the time to test out the latest gotham.
(2014-04-12, 16:04)garvani Wrote: Its hard to gather the the state of lossless audio for these android builds! It would be awesome if the wiki had a section about audio Smile it would make it so much easier for everyone.

Can someone that has tested these builds with a capable receiver please clear this up. You would think if it could pass through one codec it could do the lot and this maybe the case?

Ouya build im not sure about, i know it will pass dts and dd but havn't seen anything else regarding lossless.
The latest spmc 12.4.2 passes through DTS/DD and one person commented DTS-es, how about anything else?
The latest gotham (xbmc-20140412-1d32fd0-AmazonFire-armeabi-v7a.apk) is passing through DTS/DD has anyone tested DTS-MA?

(my fire arrives in New Zealand early next week, cant wait!)

No HD audio with any build. Sad

I hope it isn't some kind of hardware limitation. The latest Gotham Koying posted does support passthrough but it appears to only send the core. I haven't checked TrueHD yet but I'm not optimistic since it isn't even reflected in the settings. DTS-MA= No, on any build as far as I can tell.
This has been said many many many times. You will not get any HD audio on Android.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The receiver didn't show DTS-HD etc. I need to verify my PC can do it, or get my Bluray player working with the new receiver so I can rule out some things ( for example, when playing the files from PC, the receiver screen doesn't change, but Info button does say the signal is PCM).
(2014-04-12, 16:27)Martijn Wrote: This has been said many many many times. You will not get any HD audio on Android.

I thought it was working on Ouya? So, it is an impossibility for HD audio on Android? I really wish that would have been clear in this thread or on the wiki before I wasted my time with the fire tv. Back it goes, I guess. Unless I could possibly remain hopeful for Openelec...with the state of things that seems unlikely.

Oh well, thanks for clearing it up once and for all.
There will may be any exceptions at time as manufacturers actually implement it like it should but don't count on it.
Also it's not our responsibility to provide any hardware info on capabilities. Only Pivos has proper pass-through capabilities and some others
Wondering, how can I "force close" XBMC on FireTV when it is not responding? TIA
(2014-04-12, 16:48)underworld123 Wrote: Wondering, how can I "force close" XBMC on FireTV when it is not responding? TIA

Few solutions:
Click home on amazon remote. If that doesn't respond unplug.
If it does work go back to the place you launch xbmc, choose it then choose force stop (or quit).
So, i'm trying to use the kartinatv/polsky.tv plugin for xbmc. If i turn off hw decoding it works (unwatchable without hw decoding). if i leave hw decoding on, xbmc crashes and spits this to the log file.

is there anything i can do about this or should i just wait till hw decoding is better supported.
(2014-04-12, 16:35)Martijn Wrote: There will may be any exceptions at time as manufacturers actually implement it like it should but don't count on it.
Also it's not our responsibility to provide any hardware info on capabilities. Only Pivos has proper pass-through capabilities and some others

I didn't mean to imply it was your responsibility. It just seems the community at large is not well informed on this issue and that questions regarding it (usually) go unanswered. It would be pertinent information for many people so including it in the wiki or on the first post of the thread would save some trouble/money for future android xbmc rookies. I don't quite understand if it isn't a hardware limitation and someone such as pivos can do it why a much more capable box cannot. Chalk that up to my ignorance but in general android versions have left a bad taste in my mouth anyway. I appreciate all the effort that has gone into it though. So, please take all my comments with the respect and appreciation that is intended (even if it doesn't come across properly).
Don't post log files here
(2014-04-12, 06:39)dismantler Wrote: Seems like most add-ons work for this box. As a side note, make sure to close down each copy of xbmc (if you have multiple installed) as they may share the same data path. This caused me to have a script execution failure upon launch.
I'm having the opposite experience, at least with video add-ons. I can navigate to, but not play videos. Blank screen with audio only, then box freezes. Those of you who have had success with video add-ons, can you list which (or please PM me if they're 'unofficial' ones).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-04-12, 17:10)Martijn Wrote: Don't post log files here

sorry. what's the protocol to post logs? should i stick them up on pastie or is this just a general information thread and i shouldn't refer to log files at all?
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10