• 76(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
always on pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com and always FULL logs
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Re HD audio, please test with SPMC 12.4.2.
If it works there, I'll see into it for Gotham.
(2014-04-12, 11:28)Koying Wrote: This Gotham build should bring you passthrough (to be enabled in audio settings, of course): http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Added to wiki. As long as you're doing a specific Fire TV build, I have a splash screen and new icons, if you want to stick those in.

(2014-04-12, 07:39)jocala Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 04:43)elmerohueso Wrote: Weird. The download page says "Uploaded On: 2012-06-27", so I didn't think it'd be the new one.

Nope, you were right, my apologies. I derped out and put up an old link, The OP now points to a fresh copy with 1.0.31.

Cool. I've added that to the wiki so people don't need to download the whole SDK.

(2014-04-12, 16:05)thess Wrote: I lost the ability to use directional keys in the user name/password text entry boxes, with any remote including the Amazon remote. Since this is the usual routine I go through when setting up a new build, it stood out. I had to use a mouse-enabled remote. I wonder if it was just a fluke, and if not, if other text entry boxes may be affected.
Enable "Remote control sends keyboard presses".
(2014-04-12, 11:28)Koying Wrote: This Gotham build should bring you passthrough (to be enabled in audio settings, of course): http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Thanks Koying.I tried the latest gotham version and I can confirm that DD and DTS audio passthrough works along with smooth video. One issue I noticed is that after I do any sort of skip during video playback, it stutters. audio and video goes out of sync and doesnt recover until I stop and start again. I play video from a nas via nfs.

Can anyone confirm this behavior ?
(2014-04-12, 16:05)thess Wrote:

Quick notes:

--No video problems I can turn up in five minutes
--I do seem to have functional Dolby Digital surround on the first test file I tried (Onkyo receiver, 5.0 config). Using the passthrough config.

However, I noticed that when I was adding a password-protected SMB share, I lost the ability to use directional keys in the user name/password text entry boxes, with any remote including the Amazon remote. Since this is the usual routine I go through when setting up a new build, it stood out. I had to use a mouse-enabled remote. I wonder if it was just a fluke, and if not, if other text entry boxes may be affected.

And of even less importance:

--AirPlay goes back to showing up as an audio device again (rather than no device at all) but still can't stream video to it. (Was this ever working, I wonder?)
--The KeyMap editor add-on doesn't work in this build or the last build I was on (the last recommended SPMC build). In SPMC it gave a 'main.py' error, in this build it says Error Script Failed: Keymap Editor.

AmazonFire-armeabi-v7a.apk

Does this build has the ability to use directional keys in Amazon remote when adding password protected SMB. could some one confirm please ?
Sorry for the dumb question, but does Fire TV support AG Wireless? I am thinking only N, but wanted to confirm
(2014-04-12, 17:57)alucard77 Wrote: Sorry for the dumb question, but does Fire TV support AG Wireless? I am thinking only N, but wanted to confirm

Looks like it supports 802.11a/b/g/n.
(2014-04-12, 07:37)dismantler Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 07:26)Natedawg87 Wrote: Hello. My Fire TV just arrived today. I have been following this thread since the beginning, and I have installed SPMC 12.4.2 and things seem good so far. I know earlier in the thread, somebody mentioned Shift and Caps Lock not working on a USB keyboard. I found the same was true for me. I did a search of this thread, but I couldn't find an answer. Has a fix for this been found? Not a huge deal, since it won't be too often where I have to use these keys.

I have the Logitech K400 keyboard, and the Shift and Caps Lock keys work in the main Fire OS.

Thanks for all the hard work on this!

XBMC Gotham has full support for keyboards in Android. Unfortunately Frodo didn't get that going in time.
Thank you very much for the reply. I'll see how annoying it is, but now I know that Gotham will fix my issue.

Thanks again!
So, i've modified the polsky.tv/kartina.tv plugin to work with gotham. The problem is that i'm getting a lot of errors if i leave hw decoding on and it just crashes xbmc on the firetv (it works but is unwatchable with hw decoding off). i was wondering if there is anything i can do or if it's suggested that i just wait till hardware decoding support becomes better on the ftv.

This is my full log file. the offending bit is all the way at the bottom with a bunch of CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec dequeue input buffer errors just before it crashes.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=172392
(2014-04-12, 18:02)haikuginger Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 17:57)alucard77 Wrote: Sorry for the dumb question, but does Fire TV support AG Wireless? I am thinking only N, but wanted to confirm

Nice!

Anyone try it with AG to see what speeds it yields. I have been meaning to upgrade to a wireless AG for a while now, but none of these boxes supported it. I know my 1080P encodes sometimes push the Wireless N I have in my house.
(2014-04-12, 18:09)alucard77 Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 18:02)haikuginger Wrote:

Nice!

Anyone try it with AG to see what speeds it yields. I have been meaning to upgrade to a wireless AG for a while now, but none of these boxes supported it. I know my 1080P encodes sometimes push the Wireless N I have in my house.

Do you mean AC? In that case, no, it doesn't have 802.11ac.
AC that's it, not AG. Sorry, that's my fault.

Thanks for the correction. I guess this box cannot be perfect. Really wish they had AC on this.
(2014-04-12, 17:40)Koying Wrote: Re HD audio, please test with SPMC 12.4.2.
If it works there, I'll see into it for Gotham.

Happy to try it out. The link from earlier in the thread for it seems to be broken though.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. Report back shortly. Thank you.
How can I install and test different builds without losing all the settings?

Also, I currently have two versions - XBMC (Gotham) and SPMC. If I install one of the newer builds, can I control whether they overwrite the existing installations or install separately? I have backed up my settings using XBMC backup.
I have tested with ouya 12.3.2 and the latest builds posted on the wiki (as of yesterday) and the all play mp4, mkv and iso files buttery smooth. However, they all seem to display a slight jerkiness when playing back avi files. Anyone else see this?

Also, has anyone successfully gotten a pvr up on this box with the Gotham build?

I love this box and xbmc. Thanks for all the hard work.
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10