• 83(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Sorry mr3p, I did not remember who made the claim that they were able to play back high-def MPEG-2 content, but it looks like it was you. So you feel that the Fire TV is playing back this content smoothly?

Does anyone have any first-hand experience playing back VC-1 Blu-ray rips?

I am probably going to buy one just to play with. To be honest, I have no real need for it, because I have Apple TV's that get the job done for online streaming sources (e.g., Netflix), Xbox 360's which act as Media Center extenders for my WMC DVR material, and a nettop Atom/ION PC in my living room for playing full-bitrate Blu-ray rips at 24fps, including MPEG-4, MPEG-2, and VC-1. But my holy grail has always been to try to minimize the number of boxes I need. I'd love a single box that could do all of those things well. I know that the Fire TV isn't it, but for $100 it may be worth playing around with anyway.
(2014-04-13, 19:15)Scott R Wrote: Does anyone have any first-hand experience playing back VC-1 Blu-ray rips?
See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1679988
It's not clear whether VC-1 is supposed to be h/w accelerated or not, but someone reported it as not working.
Best is if someone could try "hddvd" from http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/, both with libstagefright and mediacodec, and post an xbmc log.
(2014-04-13, 17:14)davilla Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 17:05)emveepee Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 16:22)haikuginger Wrote: One user posted that installing PVR.WMC works perfectly, and both 720P and 1080i MPEG-2 play back without an issue.

A surprising number of users accept 1080i with no or poor de-interlacing so I don't consider the verdict in yet.

Martin

1080i sucks anyway and should die in a fire Smile
Everything "i" should die an horrible death.
This is the 21st century, for God's sake Smile
(2014-04-13, 18:27)elmerohueso Wrote: Grab the Keymap Editor in the official repo, and you can easily modify them to do whatever you want.
I've got mine working as FF and RW, among other things.

The keymap editor crashes with a 'script error"on every android xbmc I've tried. Python error? IDK. Also, (as of yesterday) the add-on won't install from xbmc, you'll need to d/l it and install it from a zip file.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
To all insisting to participate in sending me an FTV:
Please make a donation to XBMC instead. That's why your donations mostly are for, to provide devs/testers with hardware when they need it AND to get us free beer Smile
So the MacHugger was wrong. You DO drink beer in Belgium.
(2014-04-13, 19:48)Koying Wrote: Everything "i" should die an horrible death.
This is the 21st century, for God's sake Smile

Add Hi10p to my kill list from this century.

Martin
(2014-04-13, 20:10)PK21 Wrote: So the MacHugger was wrong. You DO drink beer in Belgium.
You kidding? Wink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_Belgium
The good news is now we can take all we have learned from the fire tv and hopefully apply it to basic quad core androids that I in particular have always struggled with. I can't wait to try all these versions of xbmc that work on the fire tv. In particular, I had a couple of cs918's that would run great on 720 roms but as soon as a 1080p rom was on them they would stutter. I spent months of spare time stuggling with this. Now I feel there is enough ammunition stored up to get around this problem.
What are the chances amazon is going to update these boxes with firmware that will
A) block development packages?
B) lock up non USA ip addresses?
Is there no "do not update" option or hosts file edit?
Anyone else able to use Airplay? I am using the SPMC 12.4.2 and have enabled Airplay inside XBMC, yet I am not able to use Airplay. Am I missing something?
(2014-04-13, 20:32)underworld123 Wrote: Anyone else able to use Airplay? I am using the SPMC 12.4.2 and have enabled Airplay inside XBMC, yet I am not able to use Airplay. Am I missing something?
IIRC, there was no airplay on android in Frodo (SPMC is based upon Frodo, as a reminder).
(2014-04-13, 20:31)Methanoid Wrote: Is there no "do not update" option or hosts file edit?

No off selection only check for updates. updates have not been sent yet sure might auto update?
(2014-04-13, 20:30)Canucker Wrote: What are the chances amazon is going to update these boxes with firmware that will
A) block development packages?
B) lock up non USA ip addresses?

What do you mean by development packages? As far as sideloading in general, even though 99% of users will never sideload, look for a firestorm from developers if they remove access. OTOH, I expect them to vigorously defend ftv from rooting; Big Media will abandon the device if they don't.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10